20 max bet dump 2 hrs.

White Guy

At a relatives out of my usual state I find a 6d game with deep pen, over 5 decks, not sure what's going on here because I have played here once before when visiting but they were cutting way deeper this trip for 3 straight days. Sweet I am thinking! Okay rules. h17, no ls but DAS, DA2, split up to 4, 3/2 etc. Nothing weird there. I decided to hit it up the last 3 days and didnt really care if I got heat since I may never even play here again and if I do it will be a long time in the future.

I don't really have a set BR but decided to play with a $200 max due to the low max of said game ($300). I literally played 8 freaking hours of nothing much more than +4 and a bunch of wonging out and was basically treading water, than last session it finally happened. Within the last 4 shoes the count spiked quick to max territory and I found myself on the sick losing end of it where I could not get the hand. It was like the perfect storm. Even with aces up the BJ wasn't there and I would waste $. Than next hand 10 up and what do ya know. It was to the point where I would fire away knowing I would lose lol. I feel okay because I did not overbet, did not vary strategy other than the variations but I just could not buy a hand. In hindsight Glad I was using a small max.

It was lame needed to vent so feel free to share similar stories if you'd like. It's funny because when I saw the count Keep running up so high I was like sweet f in finally I'm a getting paid than wham kick in the nuts. Kinda like a hot girl finally dropping her pants only to find out theres a $@$k down there.

Okay I'm done.

Worst trip of the year

I recently had a really bad trip. Won a nice little profit at the first store. Second stop several hours of either me busting or the dealer hitting out on me. Fortunately the count never got too big until the last couple shoes in which I had better variance. Dropped a little more than my first win. Next stop I got crushed pretty bad but hit them hard back to almost get even for that store. But the last stop, I was up and down with a gradual trend for the down. After playing what was probably too long the count finally skyrocketed. The dealer just kept hitting out his constant stiffs against really good cards for me. I got the last of my trip BR out on the last hand of the shoe and won 3 max bets. I left with the worst trip results of the year. Destroyed most of my profit for the previous 50 hours of play (about 78% of those profits). OUCH. Getting back on the saddle again soon. Hope it will be a smooth ride.

Jeff25

Your story sounds familiar... almost seems like I was writing it. Just the other day I was playing a real decent game, up 5 max bets, thinking of calling it a day. Well conditions were great and I stick around. The downward trend begins immediately. First shoe I drop 3 mbs. Next hour or so I break even with no real counts. Last shoe of the night - count spikes and I go on to lose all but 1 max bet. Went from +5 mbs to -12 in a couple hours.

Although I have never dropped 20 in a session, between 10-15 is pretty common.

Gamblor

Nothing like the streakiness of BJ. Went on a recent 9 session non-winning streak. Did win 40 units one session, but blew it all at poker. :laugh: Back on some + var of late though, f*** yeah.

At least poker was its usual choppy self, win one, lose one, win one, lose one session, etc. Damn BJ!

Friendo

Meh

A perusal of my bloodstained Excel records reveals a 46-max-bet drop over 15 consecutive hours of play.

I won't be responding to the usual "How was your Year" poll this year. :flame:

Billy C1

Remember

What you always have to make it a brighter day is knowing that you will be a victor in the long run. (providing you know what you're doing)
Only thing that bothers me now, is wondering if I'll live long enough for "the long run":laugh:

BillyC1

kewljason

Friendo said:
A perusal of my bloodstained Excel records reveals a 46-max-bet drop over 15 consecutive hours of play.

I won't be responding to the usual "How was your Year" poll this year. :flame:
Not sure how often you play, Friendo, but there is 6 full weeks left in the year! Don't write off the year yet. Maybe you will encounter a 15 hour swing the other way. :)

But, if you are not so fortunate to do so, I hope you will reconsider responding to the year end poll. The poll isn't about bragging rights. It is about sharing experiences and results both good and bad. A lot can be learned by seeing that not every one succeeds all the time. That sometimes it is a two way street. Especially for the newer guys. I haven't quit fighting yet, but the most likely scenario is that my year is going to come in significantly off what I have earned over the last 2 years, but I will still share my results. Just haven't figured out what definition of 'unit' I will be using. :laugh:

Bondy3

I lost my whole BR once, I had to take a year off and actually work to replenish it... :flame: (went from +400 units to -500 units in about 50 hours)

in BJ, **** happens, A LOT :sad::whip::devil: