Boards closing, discussion

Thank you Ken for hosting this site. It has been a tremendous resource for me.

Hopefully we'll find that the boards are not really 'dead' and that it was temporarily shut down to protect anonymity. :p

Ok I was being silly, but I respect your decision to close the boards. It's been great.

stopgambling

I must say ,THANK YOU , Ken .I REALLY LEARNED A LOT FROM HERE !!! You have gave us a great place to share.So ,is the whole site going to be close or what happens to the chat room???? THIS IS TRULY A SAD DAY FOR ME!!!!

Last edited:

tezzadiver

Probably a good decision in the long run concerning all events :rolleyes:

Damn, How am i gonn get my executive membership now:laugh:

BOND

Thanks Ken for hosting one of the most useful BJ discussion forums followed by the BJ21 Green Chip and AdvantagePlayer.

Any recommendations for other good BJ forum sites?

Although I have not been a member of the site for very long, I have learnt some great things here.

Thanks not just to the administrators but to all the members who have given great advice on here.

Wow. I haven't been playing much blackjack, and just visited the boards for a refresher yesterday for the first time in more than a year. What a strange and sad coincidence. Thanks for keeping them alive so long Ken; the website will still be a great resource in many other ways.

Ken, thank you, most of us appreciate all that you have done.

Before taking this sweeping step of shutting down the forum, I'd make a suggestion; is there a way you'd be willing to delegate your administrator duties so you can reduce the amount of time you have to spend here, thus eliminating your need to shut down the forum altogether?

QFIT

Thanks for a great site. I don't think people have any idea of the effort required in running such a site -- nor the psychean toll.

Sounds like you are taking advice from Confucius. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

Wow

I haven't had as much time to be on the forum lately, but this place is such a wealth of information and a great exchange of theories. Thanks to Ken for keeping it up for all these years and not charging anyone for its use.

Lonesome Gambler

While it's certainly disappointing to hear, I can't blame Ken for making such a decision, and I would like to thank him for running this board for as long as he did. This board was absolutely a crucial resource for me as I was getting started in AP, and I would almost certainly not be anywhere near where I am now if it were not for the contacts I've made from this board. I'm very sad to see it go.

I'd love to keep in touch with several of the posters on here, and although I would imagine most already know how to contact me, feel free to PM me if you'd like to keep in contact (via email).

Thanks again Ken, for running one of the AP communities around!

Xenophon

Very, very, sad.

This has been one of my favorite places to supplement my enjoyment of recreational cardcounting.

I've often thought about how great a value this site is.

Thanks for your time Ken.

Understandable, if SAD

An understandable, even if SAD, decision by Ken re: closing the message board operation of this site. People don't really understand how complex running a LARGE board like this can be.

FWIW, for those in the Midwest area around Detroit (especially those attending the "special event" soon coming up) I may be able to offer a partial replacement for the loss of this website's message boards, on the site we've been building.

It will IN NO WAY EVER be as massive and comprehensive as THIS site has been (taking on covering the whole country? No thanks) but rather will be LOCALLY focused and "real world" not only "online" in nature.

Full details will be available to discuss with those attending the EVENT... and/or by contacting me via the Detroit Blackjack Team (dot com) either the webmail form or comment in the blog section.

Thanks KEN for all you've done on this site and best of variance (not luck!) in all your endeavors in the future!

-DBJT

Last edited:

Marlin

Many thanks Ken for all you have done for us and fellow AP's with your site and it's members have been the a great infomation source and we miss it dearly.

All the best

Marlin

PS: I second the idea of maybe a couple members taking over the admin duties much like other free sites do......

Southpaw

I had actually contacted the mods regarding deleting my account about a week ago as I had no longer wanted to participate on this forum.

I post this now only to express my great approval of Ken's decision. Despite there being other sites for AP, this is probably one of the single greatest things that could happen for those that depend on AP for a majority of their income. Particularly for those that employ advanced strategies.

Spaw