Can 8 deck BJ be beat?

Kasi

chitown said:
Can 8 deck black jack be beat?
I'll spare you my crap and let, who, legend has it, has been playing undetected since 1892, respond.

Ladies and Gentleman, microphone drops down from ceiling, I introduce to you The Master of AC Multiple Deck, The Quietly Unnoticed One, The Fist in a Velvet Glove, The Invisible, The Unvincible, The Undeniable, The One and Only, The Chameleon Who Merges with the Green Felt, Mr. Cellophane Man, The Shape-Shifter himself ....

OK, he knows who he is. Probably. I can't "out" him lol.

I'd suspect his answer would be "yes" but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

His "yes" is worth 1000 times my "yes".

And then some.

FLASH1296

"chitown",

Would you be good enough to make an earnest attempt at expanding upon your question ?

I am assuming that you do not want a one-word answer.

Incidentally, the short answer is "YES."

The long answer is, "It depends on numerous factors."

You have come to the right place in order to pursue the answer to your inquiry;
but what makes you think that an eight deck shoe game is perhaps unbeatable ?

johndoe

You'll find a lot of people saying that it's not worth the time, etc., but of course an 8D game is beatable. While under the same circumstances, 6D is better than 8D, sometimes particularly good conditions of the 8D can make up for it.

Last edited:

blackchipjim

Beat the 8 deck game

The answer to your question is yes. If you can find a copy of Arnold Synder's beat the eight deck game it is suppose to be a good read on it. Most people will tell you an 8d with good rules is better than a 6d with poor rules or penetration. I play the game with a 1-12 spread and have good results.

kewljason

chitown said:
Can 8 deck black jack be beat?
Most definately!! Just takes a good deal of discipline and a substantial bankroll to withstand the large swings. As moo stated, wonging needs to be a part of the game plan. The good thing about 8 decks is that if you are playing heads up or with one other player and the count goes positive early, you can get 40 or 50 hands in before the shuffle.

Last edited:

Ferretnparrot

Kasi said:
I'll spare you my crap and let, who, legend has it, has been playing undetected since 1892, respond.

Ladies and Gentleman, microphone drops down from ceiling, I introduce to you The Master of AC Multiple Deck, The Quietly Unnoticed One, The Fist in a Velvet Glove, The Invisible, The Unvincible, The Undeniable, The One and Only, The Chameleon Who Merges with the Green Felt, Mr. Cellophane Man, The Shape-Shifter himself ....

OK, he knows who he is. Probably. I can't "out" him lol.

I'd suspect his answer would be "yes" but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

His "yes" is worth 1000 times my "yes".

And then some.

I never knew you all looked up to me so much :) no thats totally not me, everybody here knows a stand out like a coffes stain on the green felt, and blend in only with NBA basketball stars...with long hair...carriing motorcycle hemets.....

but for real...totally beatable, spankable even, take a more aggressive, and carefull approach being sure to filter games and putting max bets out earlier.

You need to wong, bail out at negetive counts, spread small amounts whilke wonging, play multiple hands when possible, ST is highly recomended to increase hands at player advantage because they are not very common in 75% 8 deck games. The 6 decks tables which can be found in ac are very easy to beat. Again, backcounting is key, but you will play signifigantly more hands at player advanatge in them, with less waitign tim inbetween.

Last edited:

callipygian

Any blackjack game can be beaten with infinite patience, infinite spread, infinite bankroll, and a willingness to accept low win rates - even CSM's.

Now, once you start taking criteria away - finite bankrolls, table maximums, no immortality, and a desire to win at least minimum wage - then there are some games that are unbeatable given those restrictions.

I think 8D shoe games with NMSE and average penetration are questionable, and I have no specific advice, but I just wanted to point out that "beatable" is not a Boolean variable. I'm willing to count cards for a few bucks an hour because it's fun and I play pretty low stakes because of small bankroll, but the games I play would be considered "unbeatable" by pros who really need better games.