Taking full advantage of your misdeal options

I didn't think this would be a question I would ask because it happens so rarely but lately its happened enough to ask. In a state where I play they can't back up cards after a misdeal. They offer the choice to everyone to pull their bet off the felt or play your hand. What totals do you keep against different dealer upcards and what totals should you pull your bet off the felt with against dealer upcards? How much would you consider the count or your relative bet size into the decision? Often with a newby dealer you can cultivate this opportunity. Thanks for your help.

Gamblor

Brock Windsor said:
The wizard has the answer.
http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix5.html
Keep the green and take your bet back on the red. It's not exact (infinite deck) and counting isn't taken in to consideration but for all practical application this chart is excellent.
One other interesting thing to consider is that do you keep the red hands that are that are between -0.05 EV and 0 EV? I assume you would, or at least some of them.

Nynefingers

Gamblor said:
One other interesting thing to consider is that do you keep the red hands that are that are between -0.05 EV and 0 EV? I assume you would, or at least some of them.
Why would you want to play out a -EV hand if you don't have to? Even if it's the first hand of the shoe and you've only bet $10, playing out a -0.05 EV hand still costs you $0.50 that you could have saved.

moo321

Gamblor said:
You're thinking surrender. This is an automatic push.

Also, as the count increases the bust chance increases with low upcards, so these will eventually cross 50%, meaning you should not back out a stiff vs. that upcard.

Gamblor

moo321 said:
You're thinking surrender. This is an automatic push.

Also, as the count increases the bust chance increases with low upcards, so these will eventually cross 50%, meaning you should not back out a stiff vs. that upcard.
Yes you are correct moo, you described it clearly, in this situation its a chance to take a push. And my bad also on the %, meant -0.005 EV, and not -0.05 EV.

Was thinking of another situation where taking a negative EV situation that is better than the expected average negative EV.