Played at Cal-Neva last night.

BJLFS

$3 min. SD. DD on 10/11 only; no DAS.

Anyways, was losing at Harrah's so I went across to the street to CN and made a few $. The dealer and the other players were calling me "Rainman" since I was winning. :laugh:

bj bob

BJLFS said:

Anyways, was losing at Harrah's so I went across to the street to CN and made a few $. The dealer and the other players were calling me "Rainman" since I was winning. :laugh:
Lost at Harrah's? OMG, I've naver heard of that happening to anyone! :laugh:

BJLFS

According to the dealer, Harrah's pays 6:5 on BJ during the day on all SD; SD is all they have. They open up other the other pit later then they pay 3:2; I think it's on the 6/8D shoe only though.

21gunsalute

BJLFS said:

With those rules they should call you "Superrainman"!

Albee

Small world, I was in there on Monday. Had a very good 1 on 1 session. Walked through Harrahs and laughed at their games. Why play there when you have better games to play at other stores? All the bowlers in town were playing at Harrahs.

darco77

Can anyone explain their 17-1 blackjack promo? Sounds like BS (Bullsh!t, not Basic Strategy), but I didn't have time to look into it.

aslan

BJLFS said:

Quite possibly also because you were counting. :laugh:

bj bob

darco77 said:
Can anyone explain their 17-1 blackjack promo? Sounds like BS (Bullsh!t, not Basic Strategy), but I didn't have time to look into it.
They still have that going? I thought they would have run out of idiots a long time ago. Maybe I still hold out too much faith in the current gaming public. Stupid me!
To answer your question. They pay off 17:1 for a BJ off the top of their SD game, so a $1 sidebet pays you $17, it's that simple. When I'm (rarely) there, I like to confuse the rookie gals and tell them that I thought the bet was for the hand AFTER the first round.:grin: If they start to argue, I then ask them if I can double down or split after the first round. If they say "of course" then I ask why not the BJ bet then? It even works occasionally. Remember, in SD your frequency of a first hand BJ is one in 20.7, so go do the math.

BJLFS

darco77 said:
Darco,

Are you in the S.F. Bay Area? Ever make it up to River Rick in Sonoma?

BJLFS

Albee said:
Small world, I was in there on Monday. Had a very good 1 on 1 session. Walked through Harrahs and laughed at their games. Why play there when you have better games to play at other stores? All the bowlers in town were playing at Harrahs.
I was wearing a "Bowling Shirt". otherwise know as my BJ shirt, and people asked me if I was there for the convention. :laugh: BTW I do not bowl.

darco77

bj bob said:
To answer your question. They pay off 17:1 for a BJ off the top of their SD game, so a $1 sidebet pays you $17, it's that simple. When I'm (rarely) there, I like to confuse the rookie gals and tell them that I thought the bet was for the hand AFTER the first round.:grin: If they start to argue, I then ask them if I can double down or split after the first round. If they say "of course" then I ask why not the BJ bet then? It even works occasionally. Remember, in SD your frequency of a first hand BJ is one in 20.7, so go do the math.
Nice manipulation, bj bob! The next time I'm at this dump, I'll keep this in mind.

darco77

BJLFS said:
Are you in the S.F. Bay Area? Ever make it up to River Rick in Sonoma?
I haven't been up there in years. The few times I have, I remember the game conditions being rather sh!tty. 67% pen on the 6D, 50% on the DD, and some kind of restrictions on raising your bet. This was also before they had an alcohol license, so you couldn't even tread water for free drinks. Has it improved at all?

BJLFS

darco77 said:
I haven't been up there in years. The few times I have, I remember the game conditions being rather sh!tty. 67% pen on the 6D, 50% on the DD, and some kind of restrictions on raising your bet. This was also before they had an alcohol license, so you couldn't even tread water for free drinks. Has it improved at all?
Yes things have improved. There is about a 6 - 7 deck pen on 8D. I haven't seen too much DD but I think it's about 75% pen. As far as raising your bet it's 5X max your previous bet, and I think no more than a $100 initial bet. And they can sell you alcohol but they cannot give it away. They do have free non-alcoholic drinks.

The 8D table I go to is DD any two, $5/10 min with $200 max; min. dependent on the time of day. BJ pays 3:2. I think there is a surrender but am not sure. I haven't noticed any heat.

But, there are lot's of CSMs and DD on 9/10/11 only. But I just stick with the 8D shoe game.