Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old August 19th, 2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetrades200303 View Post
When I clicked on the link, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I've made sure that my Internet connection is working fine. I'm using Internet Explorer 8. Clicking on the links under Labels works fine. After that, clicking on the specific interview or podcast gives you this ongoing "Connecting" message. Any hints, Richard?
My guess is it is some security setting in your IE. IE really is the worst browser. Try Firefox or Chrome. They are both free downloads. It also could be some security software like Norton or McAfee. When I click the link it goes directly to the mp3 and starts playing.
Old August 20th, 2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Munchkin View Post
I will ask about this next time we have him on, but I will tell you that it is very important that you declare going in or out of the US if you are carrying over 10,000 in cash. There is no law against bringing any amount in or out, but there are laws about declaring it.
Yep, was aware of the $10,000 declaration, the important thing about that is that it is $10,000 in total currency (including travelers cheques), not just $10,000 cash.
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePlayer View Post
Yep, was aware of the $10,000 declaration, the important thing about that is that it is $10,000 in total currency (including travelers cheques), not just $10,000 cash.
Yes, 10k in "negotiable instruments". That means that say you are going home with 100k in travelers checks. If you make those checks out to someone, and sign them they no longer are negotiable and do not have to be declared. This is true coming into the country as well.
Old August 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Wow, that's interesting. Has this factoid been Neseserianized (i.e. are you sure)?
Old August 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM

If you make the traveler's check out to someone, and sign it, it is no longer a negotiable instrument. Yes, I am sure of this.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Munchkin View Post
If you make the traveler's check out to someone, and sign it, it is no longer a negotiable instrument. Yes, I am sure of this.
Yes, but has it been established that such "no longer negotiable instruments" need not be declared (despite what the letter of the law may seem to say)?

With the price of gold nowadays, why not just lug 4 lbs of gold around...instant 6-figure bankroll, and not I suppose a negotiable instrument.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco60 View Post
Yes, but has it been established that such "no longer negotiable instruments" need not be declared (despite what the letter of the law may seem to say)?

With the price of gold nowadays, why not just lug 4 lbs of gold around...instant 6-figure bankroll, and not I suppose a negotiable instrument.
The gold is a good and must be declared. It would also have to be turned into cash before buying chips. I have cleared customs with over 10k in chips going into Canada. After looking up the legislation they said I didn't have to declare it.