Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old August 29th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
Unfortunately, the TP lies about the current admin efforts. The Obama admin saved the auto industry. The current admin wishes to invest in our country's crumbling infrastructure. This is not make-work projects or simply tossing money around. The are blocked at every avenue. The current admin tried to pass a health plan that would remove the onerous task of providing health care from business, so they could compete on a more even playing field with foreign corporations, none of which have to deal with health care. The TP simply wishes to "blame and punish foreigners" for the problems of our businesses instead of bringing our infrastructure and health care system up to modern standards.
Obama did not save the auto industry. He saved an antiquated and non-competitive business model from its own extinction and replacement, at the expense of the public. He took money from his enemies (the American people) and gave it to his friends (the unions.)

Providing health care is not a task for all businesses, it is a task for health care providers. Obama's goal is to force us all into a socialized medicine system, where health care is given to those a panel deems worthy and denied to those they deem "clunkers." It would essentially make it illegal for a doctor to treat a patient without permission from the government. Looks kind of like a eugenics program to me.
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Executive Member

Not worthy of response.
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
Obama did not save the auto industry. He saved an antiquated and non-competitive business model from its own extinction and replacement, at the expense of the public. He took money from his enemies (the American people) and gave it to his friends (the unions.)

Providing health care is not a task for all businesses, it is a task for health care providers. Obama's goal is to force us all into a socialized medicine system, where health care is given to those a panel deems worthy and denied to those they deem "clunkers." It would essentially make it illegal for a doctor to treat a patient without permission from the government. Looks kind of like a eugenics program to me.
Oh nooooooooo, no no no!!!
What do you suppose I should set the "line" at for Qfit to 'IGNORE' Automatic Monkey?

Mac
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
How can I tell if someone is ignoring me? zg
i dunno, but anyone who has you ignored only has you ignored when they are logged on, if they are not logged on they can still read your posts.
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
The fallacy behind it is that the government needs to take it from the private sector, preventing the private sector from spending the money, in order to spend it themselves.

This is a problem because when the private sector spends money, we want maximum value for it based on our own perceptions and desire to increase our wealth in the future. E.g. when construction worker buys a new truck, he wants a truck that is reliable, powerful, and as efficient as can be and still do the job because he doesn't want to pay out all his money for fuel. He also wants to pay as little as possible for it. So this guy is putting pressure on the truck manufacturers to design and build a high quality and affordable product, he hands the dealer a check for the purchase price and drives away.

When the government buys trucks, the first thing they do is pay for some studies. And now they need it to be a "green" truck that won't hurt the fishies and the birdies. And then there are diversity considerations- does the dealer hire enough Biafran midget lesbians in wheelchairs? Finally there's the big one- everybody in government has their political patrons and that's who is going to get the business. Note none of this has anything to do with the quality or the price of a truck. What does the congressman care about that? He rides in a limo, not a truck. This is why money spent by the government is not multiplied- money spent by people and companies who have to live with the consequences of their spending decisions is.
Great Post.

mmeyers
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Executive Member

I forgot, businesses all make such logical decisions with no concept of favoritism, greed, politics or any other "illogical" influences.

And I am tiring of people that think there is something wrong with being Biafran, lesbian, short, eating fish, or requiring a wheelchair.

Last edited by QFIT; August 29th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Executive Member

Crash is always coming as soon as next week. Just like silver will be $100 an ounce as soon as next week, and hyperinflation is coming as soon as next week. Or was it deflation?
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
I love you tomorrow
You're always a day away.
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
The Obama admin saved the auto industry.
This is joke right.

Quote:
The current admin tried to pass a health plan that would remove the onerous task of providing health care from business, so they could compete on a more even playing field with foreign corporations, none of which have to deal with health care. .
Even more jokes.
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I forgot, businesses all make such logical decisions with no concept of favoritism, greed, politics or any other "illogical" influences.

And I am tiring of people that think there is something wrong with being Biafran, lesbian, short, eating fish, or requiring a wheelchair.
One decision a business cannot make is the kind that will put it out of business. Or at least they only get to make it once. A free market is Darwinian. When I spend money at work, the purpose is always to make even more money. Everyone involved in the transaction benefits. That is the real multiplier effect. In contrast, when a politician spends money his purpose is to get elected. What the money actually buys is irrelevant to him, which is why it doesn't help the economy and usually hurts it. Both parties and probably all politicians are guilty of this.

AP's use a form of "greed" in their work all the time. Am I greedy or illogical when I split 10's or double a hard 9, even though it will decrease my chances of winning the hand? It may be indistinguishable from greed or poor play to many, while being far from that.

Glad to see your sense of humor has returned!