Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #31  
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Machinist Machinist is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here n there......midwest
Posts: 985
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAP View Post
Do you need special privilege to start a private chat room? I couldn't figure out how to do it...
Even a commoner like me can have one!!!!
Try again...fairly easy. Although I did get lost trying to get to one the other nite..

Machinist
  #32  
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Nicholas Nicholas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
Default

I'm with NAP on that one. I don't see that I have the option.

By the way having the old chat room back is great. Thanks again Ken.
  #33  
Old October 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Jacob Jacob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
I'm with NAP on that one. I don't see that I have the option.

By the way having the old chat room back is great. Thanks again Ken.
I disagree; I prefer the new chat room. At a free internet outlet, I need to reload Java and go thru other whole 9 yard procedures before I can get into the old chatroom . Ken, please bring back the new chatroom.
  #34  
Old October 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Nicholas Nicholas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
Default

That sounds like the fault of the free internet outlet, not the chat room software. I think a more logical solution would be for you to find some other way of accessing it.
  #35  
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Jacob Jacob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
That sounds like the fault of the free internet outlet, not the chat room software. I think a more logical solution would be for you to find some other way of accessing it.
Nice try, good assumption & recommendation.

Is it the fault of a Steve Jobs' free internet outlet? It's unlikely because the new chatroom has worked there fine previously.

Is it also the fault of Tor-Brower too? It's unlikely for the same reason. The new chatroom never requires the reload of Java in the outlet nor in the my homebase thru the Tor-brower, but the old chatroom does.


Tor-Brower
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/
  #36  
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Nicholas Nicholas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
Default

It seems you are the only one with this compatibility issue, so perhaps you should find an alternative to Tor-Browser since it blocks Java applications.

I sympathize with your situation, but consider that after taking an opinion poll, Ken graciously spent $285 to renew a one-year license for this chat room. Unless you can convince the majority to revert back to the old one, and reimburse Ken the time and money spent, I see no logic to revert back to the old chat room because of one user's (avoidable) compatibility issue. I understand your frustration, but consider the bigger picture here.

Last edited by Nicholas; October 8th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
  #37  
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM
KenSmith's Avatar
KenSmith KenSmith is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,118
Default

Creating a new room is limited to privileged members, which generally means someone with 10 posts or more.

Jacob, how about using a smartphone to access the chat room instead?

After all the dust has settled, I rather like the combination of IMs and the old chat room. Even with the Java headaches.
__________________
BlackjackInfo.com blackjack basic strategy cards. Latest online casino news in the US: Nevada Online Casinos
  #38  
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Severity8's Avatar
Severity8 Severity8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 147
Send a message via Yahoo to Severity8
Default

Did the android thing Thursday and other than being slow at typing it rocked lol! Thank you Ken.
  #39  
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Jacob Jacob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSmith View Post
Creating a new room is limited to privileged members, which generally means someone with 10 posts or more.

Jacob, how about using a smartphone to access the chat room instead?

After all the dust has settled, I rather like the combination of IMs and the old chat room. Even with the Java headaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
It seems you are the only one with this compatibility issue, so perhaps you should find an alternative to Tor-Browser since it blocks Java applications.

I sympathize with your situation, but consider that after taking an opinion poll, Ken graciously spent $285 to renew a one-year license for this chat room. Unless you can convince the majority to revert back to the old one, and reimburse Ken the time and money spent, I see no logic to revert back to the old chat room because of one user's (avoidable) compatibility issue. I understand your frustration, but consider the bigger picture here.

Wow, what a coincident! This morning Father Murphy gave a great sermon in which he advised the parishioners to stop arguing or pleading pointlessly. He ended the sermon with Friedrich Nietzsche's quote:


“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”


Hmm... perhaps a super-AP may be correct. He cautioned that posting or chatting is negative EV as soon as when there's nothing you get in return. OK, you guys have your ways, and I have mine. I'll spend more time on tables instead of in the old chatroom .

Last edited by Jacob; October 17th, 2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typos
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC