Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2krazy03 View Post
Ive noticed that it seems like probably 80% (just a wild guess, not actually counting them) of the dealer Ace up cards that happen on the first hand are blackjacks. Is there any math to go with this?
First start of the deck, dealer has an Ace up, do YOU take insurance? Im guessing a lot of us have min bets up at this point anyways (minus STers) so curious as to peoples thoughts about the subject. I feel like I might just start taking insurance on first hand dealer Ace ups because it seems to happen so much, even if the count doesnt warrant for it.

Plus I figured I would pop this question since the thread before this, is about no one posting voodoo strats
selective memory.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnrwilliam View Post
selective memory.
Evolution. If you remember the nasty things that you survive more than the good things you are more likely to recognize the threat when it happens again and avoid a life threatening situation. This is a huge advantage evolutionarily speaking. You are far more likely to live long enough to reproduce allowing your genes to be in the next generation.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
Evolution. If you remember the nasty things that you survive more than the good things you are more likely to recognize the threat when it happens again and avoid a life threatening situation. This is a huge advantage evolutionarily speaking. You are far more likely to live long enough to reproduce allowing your genes to be in the next generation.
Evolution?

First of all, I don't think memory of the dealer having a blackjack when receiving an ace early on is an accurate observation. Even if it were, you're not suggesting that you will pass "blackjack recognition" genes on to your children, are you? Are you sipping a bit of something, tthree?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
didn't expect 2 bring a serious topic.
ppl memorize what they like to memorize, quite depend.
most gamblers select 2 remember the good time, the big win session, that is why
they keep playing after losing n losing.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Evolution?

First of all, I don't think memory of the dealer having a blackjack when receiving an ace early on is an accurate observation. Even if it were, you're not suggesting that you will pass "blackjack recognition" genes on to your children, are you? Are you sipping a bit of something, tthree?
i'm agree with u