Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

There might be a few people here I'd sit down for an adult beverage with, but the only one I had any desire to watch in action left a few weeks back, tired of the tedious nonsense this forum has descended into.
  #12  
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Billy C1 Billy C1 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
There might be a few people here I'd sit down for an adult beverage with, but the only one I had any desire to watch in action left a few weeks back, tired of the tedious nonsense this forum has descended into.
As far as I'm concerned, this is STILL a good forum. When you have such a "mixed bag" of posters and subjects there's bound to be some crazy threads and posts but it's not that hard to ignore what you don't like (ask QFIT).
If that doesn't do it for you, leaving would be even easier than complaining.
Ken should be thanked by all members for providing this forum.

BillyC1
  #13  
Old November 4th, 2011, 02:23 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Thanks Ken.
  #14  
Old November 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
sagefr0g's Avatar
sagefr0g sagefr0g is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,141
Question simply unbelievable

heh, heh, i met one fellow in particular at one of the bash's that i just knew was a hopeless gambling degenerate, clueless and had no business being at an AP bash.
eehmm, hard to explain how my bottom line improved so much after the red line point on the graph, errhh the point after which having met said individual.
and that's only half of the story, value-wise.
funny how we or maybe just me, maybe someone else too, lol, can fail to find value, when it's right there in front of you staring you right in the face.
edit: going on near three years now and i've yet to find this guy wrong about anything, me, well i'm still learning, but then i'm young and easily confused, at 64, lol. never to young to learn something, lol.

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain
Attached Images
 

Last edited by sagefr0g; November 6th, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
  #15  
Old November 7th, 2011, 04:30 AM
PierceNation's Avatar
PierceNation PierceNation is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Island
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
heh, heh, i met one fellow in particular at one of the bash's that i just knew was a hopeless gambling degenerate, clueless and had no business being at an AP bash.
eehmm, hard to explain how my bottom line improved so much after the red line point on the graph, errhh the point after which having met said individual.
and that's only half of the story, value-wise.
funny how we or maybe just me, maybe someone else too, lol, can fail to find value, when it's right there in front of you staring you right in the face.
edit: going on near three years now and i've yet to find this guy wrong about anything, me, well i'm still learning, but then i'm young and easily confused, at 64, lol. never to young to learn something, lol.

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain
Ok, ill step forward and ask, what wisdom did you learn and can you tell me what it is
  #16  
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:26 AM
creeping panther's Avatar
creeping panther creeping panther is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,815
Default Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceNation View Post
Ok, ill step forward and ask, what wisdom did you learn and can you tell me what it is
No, he can't!


Nice graph Wise Won,,,most impressive.

Friend,
CP
  #17  
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:55 PM
PierceNation's Avatar
PierceNation PierceNation is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Island
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
No, he can't!
Didn't think so
  #18  
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:28 PM
sagefr0g's Avatar
sagefr0g sagefr0g is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,141
Lightbulb karma

Quote:
No, he can't!


Nice graph Wise Won,,,most impressive.

Friend,
CP
heh, heh thanks fer helping me out here, Stealthy Won.
the graph is nice a'int it? and that a'int the whole graph, lol and only reflects less than half the value realized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceNation View Post
Ok, ill step forward and ask, what wisdom did you learn and can you tell me what it is
i'll be happy to share the wisdom, but not the specifics.
in a word that wisdom is centered around the concept of VALUE.
old as i am, cheap as i am, as educated as i am, much as i've struggled to survive & thrive for so many years, i never did fully understand and appreciate the concept of value until i extended a genuine friendly (albeit mired in sarcasm) gesture of conversation towards the supposedly out of place "clueless degenerate gambler" in our midst at the bash.
again the wisdom is all about value. now, as old as i am, as many experiences as i've gone through, educated, cheap, hard working, yada, yada, yada, wouldn't yah think i'd of had more of a clue about value? guess what? i a'int the only one.
as fate would have it, each of us probably has limitations on our understanding of value and how to think about it and achieve it. as has been stated many times on this forum, there is some AP stuff that won't be discussed on an open forum, but meet someone who exceeds your limitations on understanding value and you'll likely learn some new stuff. nuff said.
  #19  
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM
zengrifter's Avatar
zengrifter zengrifter is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
There might be a few people here I'd sit down for an adult beverage with, but the only one I had any desire to watch in action left a few weeks back, tired of the tedious nonsense this forum has descended into.
Who was that? zg
  #20  
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Bojack 1
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC