Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 11th, 2011, 08:19 PM

Default 28 big bet spew on 2 shoes story. Bad beat thread.

Total Of 30 big bets lost in 8 hrs. Not the worst by far and not too unexpected but Enough to piss you off.

I have been visiting family in SEA and found a 6d game with okay rules All okay except no LS. The pen was great though, 5 decks. The Max bet $300 so I decided to max out at $200 and play as low as $15-20 and Wong when possible. Anyways I played over the course of 3 days about 8 hrs total. The count never even did anything really for the first 6-7 hrs and I was entering the last hr of play around $4-500 down when the count finally went up early and stayed up. Sweet I am thinking but it was not sweet. These 2 shoes took 28 max bets. Everything went wrong that could, ace up, no b jack, face up b jack. 3 11's dealt to me for a DD with max out and get an ace each time. Other than that I got a crap ton of 13s and 12s v face that busted and even when the dealer had a 6 something was pulled.

Just a vent. Share yours if you want. Thanks.
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:58 PM

good to say it out to make you feel better.!!!if you are betting 1/4 kelly or smaller ,then it should not affect you much emotionally.
Old November 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Executive Member

Default I Love You Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
if you are betting 1/4 kelly or smaller ,then it should not affect you much emotionally.
Now don't get me wrong. In a manly way!
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Guy View Post
Total Of 30 big bets lost in 8 hrs. Not the worst by far and not too unexpected but Enough to piss you off.

I have been visiting family in SEA and found a 6d game with okay rules All okay except no LS. The pen was great though, 5 decks. The Max bet $300 so I decided to max out at $200 and play as low as $15-20 and Wong when possible. Anyways I played over the course of 3 days about 8 hrs total. The count never even did anything really for the first 6-7 hrs and I was entering the last hr of play around $4-500 down when the count finally went up early and stayed up. Sweet I am thinking but it was not sweet. These 2 shoes took 28 max bets. Everything went wrong that could, ace up, no b jack, face up b jack. 3 11's dealt to me for a DD with max out and get an ace each time. Other than that I got a crap ton of 13s and 12s v face that busted and even when the dealer had a 6 something was pulled.

Just a vent. Share yours if you want. Thanks.
I read a similar story recently. It goes that way sometimes. Get back to your game and make it back. I had a few hours recently were if I busted so did the dealer and when I had a made hand or stood the dealer hit out on me. Sometimes it happens the other way. Remember those times with the big bet out standing on a stiff versus a ten or other high card and the dealer just keeps flipping low cards and busting.
Old November 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM

I think you and I may have been at the same table (although at different times as I was heads-up)......brutal.
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Yeah I wasn't too surprised except for the fact that I could not buy a hand. I won two split and double hands for 6 big bets though and if I lost those I would have been down 42 big bets. Sick. Haha. I have had wins close to this but never quite that high.