Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #21  
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:52 PM
ascension ascension is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mars hotel
Posts: 29
Default

don't really have a favorite hand, atleast none really stick out in my mind.

my favorite experience was going to Tahoe on my 21st b-day with my dad and watching him sit down at a 5 dollar table with a hundred bucks and lose all ten hands he played. that was priceless comedy with the old man.
  #22  
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:37 PM
21gunsalute 21gunsalute is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant2600 View Post
Awesome hands lol, isn't splitting 9s against basic strategy and any playing deviations though, although I can see how its not as risky because if the dealer had a blackjack you would have won the insurance anyway, by losing the insurance you know that the dealer doesn't have a 10 although he could still make a 21 but its unlikely because of the huge true count.
You need to learn indices.
  #23  
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:26 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

HIOPT II index for 99 v A is TC +6. HIOPT II is a level 2 count.

If we are talking hands and not the hand that was most enjoyable, I like blackjack. For the other, I was playing where you could split and unlimited number of times. I split eights to a total of 11 bets (some were double down bets). Only one hand was not a made hand and the dealer busted his stiff. I had all the money I had on me on the table and won every bet.
  #24  
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Grant2600 Grant2600 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: cornwall UK
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21gunsalute View Post
You need to learn indices.
of right, I thought that indices was just another name for playing deviations, i'll look up indices.
  #25  
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:13 AM
arrando arrando is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 84
Default

They are the same. 99 v Ace is not an index (playing deviation) in counts such as KO though.
  #26  
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM
BrianCP BrianCP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywhack View Post
Too much time with your hands.....wasn't that a Styx song???
Foreigner, come one I wasn't even alive in the 80's and I know that! Last summer, I decided to drive for no reason because I was amazingly bored and had been amazingly bored for a couple of weeks. What comes on the radio, Too Much Time on My Hands of course!

As far as ploppies talking nonsense go, just egg them on. Best line to use when they think you are playing bad, "Not my fault you suck so much, but the casino appreciates your donations!"
  #27  
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
paddywhack paddywhack is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3rd rock from the sun, Northwestern quadrant
Posts: 802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywhack View Post
Too much time with your hands.....wasn't that a Styx song???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianCP View Post
Foreigner, come one I wasn't even alive in the 80's and I know that! Last summer, I decided to drive for no reason because I was amazingly bored and had been amazingly bored for a couple of weeks. What comes on the radio, Too Much Time on My Hands of course!
Nah, you're wrong, it was Styx.
  #28  
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
BrianCP BrianCP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywhack View Post
Nah, you're wrong, it was Styx.
Oh how the hell did I manage to fail that badly. Now I'm just ashamed, I never get my music trivia wrong. I guess I kind of inserted the saxophone solo from "Urgent" into that song for some reason.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC