Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #461  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
metronome's Avatar
metronome metronome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: dallas area
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon a week from Wednesday. I'm not sure it is a rotator cuff injury, but I am fairly sure that a torn muscle is involved judging from the fact that it has not gotten any better since July and my range of arm motion has been severely impaired for that length of time. Now, of course, it's much worse, and every night I aggravate it by sleeping on it half the night. With sleep apnea, I have learned to sleep on my side as a remedy, but that is no good for the injured arm.
You must be one tuff bird... you injured it in JULY and you're just now getting it checked out !?!?
That said... I challenge you to a billiard duel for big money.
P.S. Gotta luv fresh yards eggs. One of my drivers just gave us 3 dozen
  #462  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
You must be one tuff bird... you injured it in JULY and you're just now getting it checked out !?!?
That said... I challenge you to a billiard duel for big money.
P.S. Gotta luv fresh yards eggs. One of my drivers just gave us 3 dozen
I doubt the arm will interfere with my playing ability as it is my bridge arm. You don't want to play me-- don't take my word for it, ask "bj bob." Fortunately, for you, I have truly retired from the "4 1/2 by 9" green.

You know how it is with those torn muscles or ligaments. You figure they will go away with time. That has not happened in this case, and now after re-injuring it, I think it's time for an x-ray and a shot of cortisone. I did the same thing with the torn muscle in my foot due to a double heel spur, but finally went to a doctor after it persisted-- now, it's gone due to his treatment.
  #463  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
I doubt the arm will interfere with my playing ability as it is my bridge arm. You don't want to play me-- don't take my word for it, ask "bj bob." Fortunately, for you, I have truly retired from the "4 1/2 by 9" green.

You know how it is with those torn muscles or ligaments. You figure they will go away with time. That has not happened in this case, and now after re-injuring it, I think it's time for an x-ray and a shot of cortisone. I did the same thing with the torn muscle in my foot due to a double heel spur, but finally went to a doctor after it persisted-- now, it's gone due to his treatment.
MRI time. Soft tissue will not give you much on an x-ray. I hurt my shoulder in January of 2010. It is only now starting to feel back to normal. Almost 2 years. My GP gave me the number of a specialist. I stuck it out. I think the thing that helped was being non-ambulatory for almost 3 months after my achilles surgery and the week plus in ICU after the numerous pulminary emboli. I couldn't use it as hard as my daily life usually has me using it.
  #464  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
MRI time. Soft tissue will not give you much on an x-ray. I hurt my shoulder in January of 2010. It is only now starting to feel back to normal. Almost 2 years. My GP gave me the number of a specialist. I stuck it out. I think the thing that helped was being non-ambulatory for almost 3 months after my achilles surgery and the week plus in ICU after the numerous pulminary emboli. I couldn't use it as hard as my daily life usually has me using it.
Right. I use x-ray synonymously with MRI and ultra-sound, even though I know it isn't. ha These things do take forever, but I remember all the things I did to my self in my youth and all of that eventually healed, so I doubt this will be any different, only a lot slower probably. I may need a shot of cortisone before I play metronome pool-- what am I saying, I am retired!!
  #465  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
metronome's Avatar
metronome metronome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: dallas area
Posts: 264
Default

Aslan, they could cut off both your arms (and other appendages) and I still wouldn't play you at pool.
Just get your-self checked out and get well
Very best regards
Met....DVM
I just switched careers
  #466  
Old December 4th, 2011, 06:43 PM
metronome's Avatar
metronome metronome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: dallas area
Posts: 264
Default Dr. Strangelove

Thank God for DVRs'...
Now if "A Clockwork Orange" and "200 Motels" comes on, I'll feel 17 again
Remember, don't eat the yellow snow...
P.S. does anyone remember "Firesign Theatre" ??
  #467  
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Zerg Zerg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 44
Default Some Thoughts

I have had some amazing miss pays recently. They make me so happy.

When the count is high and the dealer has an ace up you buy insurance. If you lose insurance and lose the hand, I call that a "house blackjack" since the house gets paid 3:2.

When choosing a floor in a casino hotel, consider the elevators. Often times there are different elevator blocks for different floors, like 8-16 elevators and 16-24. It is best to choose the first floor they stop at.

Whining alert! A trend that is bothering me: winning near home when my bets are confined by table limits while losing in big markets/Vegas where I can bet what I want (for the most part higher #s.)

Lastly, the hotel Spa is worth it. It is weird what we will spend money on and what we consider to be unnecessary. If you are on a tight budget you can get eat a few meals in the Spa. All I have seen have fresh fruit. Some have other snacks.

-Zerg
  #468  
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default Dead Dog Trick

Did anyone catch this dead dog routine on the Letterman show? Cracks me up.

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/pets...et-tricks.html
  #469  
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Coyote's Avatar
Coyote Coyote is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Did anyone catch this dead dog routine on the Letterman show? Cracks me up.

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/pets...et-tricks.html
That is hilarious! Letterman has had some amazing pet tricks over the years.
  #470  
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
metronome's Avatar
metronome metronome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: dallas area
Posts: 264
Default

Well..."sit" is now passe'. Kudos
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC