Questions (i am new) sorry...
I would just like to introduce myself as a new player who is excited for blackjack. I will tell a little backstory about myself etc. If you want to just get to my questions go to the bottom of the post. I was an avid poker player absorbing everything i could about the game. I went to the casino and was about a break even/ losing poker player. I just could not stand the plays that the other players made sometimes. They would do very bad plays and end up getting paid off like strikining a 2 pair on the river and they were calling me down with bottom pair when i had top pair top kick. I was a math guy and applied my edges when i could but i just did not get dealt enough profitable hands and then when i did the cards didnt connect.
Ok sorry about that. To blackjack. anyway I used to think that all blackjack players were dumb because the casino had the edge and being the math guy that i was i didnt want to put my money down on something i could not control. Anyway I have a couple of buddies who are doing pretty well. I looked online about it and realize that over the shorterm you can win etc. So i look into BS and card counting. I practice a little bit and head to the casino. I try to count cards and it works somewhat. Sometimes i lose the count though unfortunately.
Well anyway i really would like to try to be good at blackjack and have been trying to learn as much as i can about the game. I read through the first couple of pages of these forums so i hope i dont repeat too many questions. I am very excited about the game of black jack and the promise it may hold. As well as the challenge as well as the reward for playing well. :D
1. In regard to basic stratagey i "seem" to disagree with it sometimes. call me a ploppy but when the chart says to hit against a dealers 7 when you have a 16. I try to use the TC to make my decision at this point but BS says to hit but i dont understand why. If somone could explain it to me i think then that would solve my problems. or when you should hit your 12 against a 2 or 3 but stay up to a 7 which makes sense but why hit against a 2 or 3?
2. When i have tried to apply card counting skills etc. Most of the night when i went up the shoes were quite unfavorable (im playing a 6 shoe game, bj pays 3 to 2 dealer hits soft 17...) I dont vary my bets and end up losing because the shoe is so negative and i just dont have any opportunity to bet big or do anything so i get whiddled away.
3. How much "Dumb luck" is involved even when applying bs and ccing?
4. which is better when ccing, counting the individual cards or pairing them up and just looking for the net count of the hand?
5. Since i am just playing at local indian casino's is there anything that i should be aware of as far as heat wise i dont think anyone will even notice me.
Umm. Thanks for putting up with these questions and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks all.
Last edited by Alythezon; March 30th, 2008 at 01:28 AM.