I'm sorry, did you say I was the worst player ever?

Thunder

Funny thing happened to me. I had 7 and the dealer had a 4 showing. The first baseman made a mistake and the dealer was about to deal him when he wanted to stand. I saw that the card the dealer was going to deal him was a 9. It was my turn to hit or stand. I told the dealer I wanted to stand on 7. Everyone on at the table was yelling at me, thinking I was insane to stand on my 7. Even the dealer was giving me weird looks. I just ignored them all and signaled that yes I do want to stand. (After all, what was 16 going to do for me?) I figured the nine definitely doesn't help me and if the dealer has A,2,3,10,J,Q,K or 9 as her holecard, that would help me and the table so I elected to stay. Sure enough the dealer had a 10 as her hole card and everyone shut up quickly and the dealer gave me a quizzical look. I couldn't help but to smile which I'm sure pissed them off. :p

Gamblor

Try splitting 10's when you know the next card is a 10, and the ploppy to your left has 5,5. Steam will start shooting out of his ears :laugh:

Thunder

Sucker said:
If you take the 9 you'll win the hand about 39.7% of the time. If you STAND, you win 52.3%. No-brainer..
Sucker, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the exact percentages? I can only find the strategy charts? In this case, I assume you treat it as if you were hole carding where you know the dealer has 13. Unfortunately, given that AC is my venue, hole carding opportunities in BJ is quite rare so I never bothered with the percentages but I figure most of the plays are obvious.

Thunder said:
Sucker, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the exact percentages? I can only find the strategy charts? In this case, I assume you treat it as if you were hole carding where you know the dealer has 13. Unfortunately, given that AC is my venue, hole carding opportunities in BJ is quite rare so I never bothered with the percentages but I figure most of the plays are obvious.
The difference is you have to stand to make it comparable to hole carding. It certainly looks like you made the best play to me. You would stand on the 16 anyway and the dealer is going to hit no matter what. By standing he has a 13 and hits with his hole card. Otherwise you have 16 and he takes 2+ unknown cards to his 4. I don't think there is a reasonable argument for hitting.

aslan

tthree said:
The difference is you have to stand to make it comparable to hole carding. It certainly looks like you made the best play to me. You would stand on the 16 anyway and the dealer is going to hit no matter what. By standing he has a 13 and hits with his hole card. Otherwise you have 16 and he takes 2+ unknown cards to his 4. I don't think there is a reasonable argument for hitting.
Good logic.