Illustrious 18 for KO

assume_R

This is my first post :grin:. I've been reading the forums for a while but never registered.

Anyway, I've used KO but wanted to use more indices than they listed in their book, and also to correct for penetration.

I'm pretty sure the correct equation is:

true_count = (running_count - IRC - neutral * (total_decks - decks_remaining)) / decks_remaining

where neutral is the sum of an entire neutral deck (4 for KO and 0 for balanced systems)

I used this equation to create the images (attached) for both KO and Hi-Lo (just to make sure I did the equation correctly).

So my question is: using the true count calculated above (or from looking at the images), could I use the published indices such as the I18?

Thanks!

Attachments

assume_R

Finn Dog said:
Assume_R:

I believe this is the forumla:

For a 6 deck game:

TC = (RC+|IRC|-(4X#deckplayed))/#decksremain.

See this link:

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=5707

FD
FD,

Yup, that's what I used. Thanks for linking me to that old post. Technically they are equal, but I just made mine slightly more general (i.e. not specific to KO)

Mine:
true_count = (running_count - IRC - neutral * (total_decks - decks_remaining)) / decks_remaining

Equivalents:
IRC = -20, and |-20| = +20
Neutral = +4 (as a neutral deck has a count of +4 in KO)
total_decks - decks_remaining = decksplayed (this is just symmantics)

When I plug that in to my equation,
true_count = (running_count - (-20) - 4 * decksplayed) / decks_remaining

it simplifies to the equation in the other post:
TC = (RC + |-20| - 4xdecksplayed) / #decksremain

Note that "something - (-20)" is the same as "something + |-20|" where || signifies absolute value.

In my equation, it can actually reduce to the true count conversion for HiLo (or any unbalanced L1 system) as follows:

My equation:

HiLo variables:
IRC = 0
Neutral = 0 (as a neutral deck has a count of 0 in HiLo)

My equation: TC = (RC - IRC - Neutral * (DecksPlayed) / DecksRemaining
Plug in HiLo values: TC = (RC - 0 - 0 * DecksPlayed) / DecksRemaining
Reduce: TC = RC / DecksRemaining

So the equation I used can be used with any system (shown above for KO and HiLo).

I recently made a post regarding DeathClutch's improvements to Kiss3 and used my equation, with IRC = +9 and Neutral = +2 in the Kiss system and it gave the same results as DeathClutch's values :).