No more pit bosses in AC?

zoomie

bjcardcounter said:
What do you guys think will be the effect of this? Dealers calling Sky?
The story says that the AC stores have been lobbying for this for a long time. They have something specific in mind. What would you do if you ran the store?

I would probably cut the suits across the board by 1/3. They just bump into each other now.

aslan

Along with this did you realize that the NJ Gaming Commission had been abolished? I had a complaint about a dealer putting his 6 on my jack instead of the ace which was the next card and fell on my second hand (we were playing heads up). The pit boss said it was a misdeal and that I could take my money away or play the hand, but he could not back the cards up according to state law.

I quit, feeling that if I played the hand and lost I would be furious, and if I didn't play the hand, I was still cheated out of a blackjack. There was absolutely no chance of confusion, even by the dealer's admission, as to what the hands should have been.

I proceeded to the Gaming Commission office, only to find out that it was abolished and that if I had any complaint it should go to the Gaming Division of the State Police.

Now what would have happened if there was a misdeal and only one pit person for a large area? Yes. We will be waiting forever each time there is a misdeal for the sole person on duty to finally get to our table to straighten things out. They will never let the dealer staff handle such matters. Talk about slowing things down.

And what about buy ins? We wait forever as it is for dealers to get the attention of a pit person to make a simple cash transaction. Same for color ups. I think it will become something of a nightmare to play AC.

In one sense it may be good. The reason pits are closed all the time in AC is not lack of dealers but lack of floor personnel. So we may see less crowding.

On the other hand, they may be planning to make the games fully unplayable. I don't like this ante stuff I see going around. It might get to the point where the only tables they have are high-limit tables, and ante tables.

The competition from PA we logically assume is good for us in AC, but we can't be too sure. Being the PA rules are so much better, all it may have done is creamed off the intelligent players who know the difference between good rules and bad, and left for AC the complete fools who will play anything, including an ante or a short-pay game.

blackriver

zoomie said:
I would probably cut the suits across the board by 1/3. They just bump into each other now.
aslan said:
Along with this did you realize that the NJ Gaming Commission had been abolished? I had a complaint about a dealer putting his 6 on my jack instead of the ace which was the next card and fell on my second hand (we were playing heads up). The pit boss said it was a misdeal and that I could take my money away or play the hand, but he could not back the cards up according to state law.

I quit, feeling that if I played the hand and lost I would be furious, and if I didn't play the hand, I was still cheated out of a blackjack. There was absolutely no chance of confusion, even by the dealer's admission, as to what the hands should have been.

I proceeded to the Gaming Commission office, only to find out that it was abolished and that if I had any complaint it should go to the Gaming Division of the State Police.

Now what would have happened if there was a misdeal and only one pit person for a large area? Yes. We will be waiting forever each time there is a misdeal for the sole person on duty to finally get to our table to straighten things out. They will never let the dealer staff handle such matters. Talk about slowing things down.

And what about buy ins? We wait forever as it is for dealers to get the attention of a pit person to make a simple cash transaction. Same for color ups. I think it will become something of a nightmare to play AC.
they obv wont have the pit for a double, itll will be on surveilance. that way when you need a correction the floor can help you right away as he wont be busy making sure a dealer knows that you get 20 red chips for $100

Culling

Sounds like they want to thin the heard. The position probably won't completely disappear. The question for the employees becomes do they do this immediately or wait for natural attrition with retirements and firings etc. It will hurt morale of lower employees because now there could be a major bottleneck for advancement. I think there will be some immediate culling. I hope for their sake hrs are cut and not people laid off.