You're "I want to strangle this ploppie" story

swamper said:
Totally agree. Span21 players get way more pissed off at me than regular BJ players. They usually end up leaving the table because I "eff" things up for them so bad. lol :laugh:
A lot of ghetto types play it and they can get really hostile. One of them actually slapped me once. After that, it's middle-aged white males who think they are big shots at the blackjack table, and not only do they not know correct BJ strategy they don't realize SP21 strategy is radically different. Add to this all the index plays we use, where you end up playing something like the dealer does in very low counts.

Unfortunately most of the plays that drive them away are during counts where we would rather have them there eating cards!

moo321

Automatic Monkey said:
A lot of ghetto types play it and they can get really hostile. One of them actually slapped me once. After that, it's middle-aged white males who think they are big shots at the blackjack table, and not only do they not know correct BJ strategy they don't realize SP21 strategy is radically different. Add to this all the index plays we use, where you end up playing something like the dealer does in very low counts.

Unfortunately most of the plays that drive them away are during counts where we would rather have them there eating cards!
I've noticed many of the SP21 ploppies getting fairly sharp, especially in AC. Very little bitching for hitting 12-13. 14 still draws attention.

psyduck

Some time ago I was backcounting. When I was ready to enter a shoe, a woman player at the table puked. They had to shut down the table for cleaning with all those hight cards unplayed! If the count were low, I would have suspected she was an AP!