Anti-copying safety feature for the chatroom?

Tico

Ken,

I like to suggest that you implement an anti-copying safety feature in the chatroom. That feature will make info-mining harder for the dark side. For example, if I can copy this transcript, spies will too:

[Koz1984] Science project guys
[Koz1984] All good here
[Koz1984] Move along
[metronome] yes
[mwmb] one 21 they dont care about how many decks have been delt
[mwmb] on*
[Koz1984] Yes they do
[Koz1984] They need to do a TC conversion
[Koz1984] They just don't explicitly show them disussing that aspect
[mwmb] they don't, not in the moive 21
[Koz1984] It's just not shown
[Koz1984] Taking my old man to his xmas party
[Koz1984] BRB
User DavePnearDC has logged out.
User BJLFS has entered this room.

Last edited by a moderator:

assume_R

Screenshot

No matter what is implemented regarding copy and pasting text, however, you can't stop somebody from taking a screenshot of their chat window. All I'm saying is a dedicated person could easily get a transcript of a chat, even if copying text is disabled.

moo321

Meh, if you talk about secret stuff in the chat room with people you don't know, expect that the info could be compromised.

BookerPA

moo321 said:
Meh, if you talk about secret stuff in the chat room with people you don't know, expect that the info could be compromised.
Moo, you're one hundred and ten percent right, and to quote what a defense lawyer told me many, many years ago, "You can't listen yourself into trouble".

Tico, I curious - when you posted the link to ExhibitCAA's real name and photo in the chat, what was his reaction? zg

Last edited:
Z-Man

zengrifter said:
Tico, I curious - when you posted the link to ExhibitCAA's real name and photo in the chat, what was his reaction?

I would feel better about this situation if Tico himself would address it.

CP

Last edited:
BookerPA said:
Moo, you're one hundred and ten percent right, and to quote what a defense lawyer told me many, many years ago, "You can't listen yourself into trouble".
But you can, actually.
Being in the same room and listening can lead to a charge of criminal conspiracy. zg

BookerPA

zengrifter said:
But you can, actually.
Being in the same room and listening can lead to a charge of criminal conspiracy. zg
I agree that you can be charge by listening to the planning of criminal activity, but there also may be some level of participation required.

The statement was in regard to offering opinions or to answering questions.

BookerPA said:
I agree that you can be charge by listening to the planning of criminal activity, but there also may be some level of participation required.
Just a little harmless listening and what-if brainstorming, your Honor. z:laugh:g