Question about winnings

Making relationships work.

Machinist said:
Rondo,
More information on said girl friend will be needed to give the very best assessment of the situation at hand. Such as a picture for starters,,,,,,,or pictures......Also her wants needs and desires would be useful.
Anything could be of real help here.

Machinist
I agree, a couple nude shots should be sufficient.:laugh:

Seriously though, I think most of the guys here covered it pretty well. A relationship is a training process. Rewarding proper behavior is essential unless you want to be butting heads to get cooperation all the time. What behavior one folds their strongly held position becomes the norm after a while. If you know you are going to cave, time it to get nice attempts to get you to cave in the future. ie If you cave when she gets bitchy and upset that is how you have trained her to be after enough repeats. If when she does that you say, you will never get me to change my mind by fighting me, you attract more bees with honey than vinegar, she will try a nicer approach and then you can cave. After enough repeats you have trained her to interact nicely with you. This type of training is true in every relationship in your life; children, friends, relatives, coworkers and bosses. Training a boss takes tact and is best left for when you have mastered this technique of making relationships work. Just some advice from a battle scarred veteran.

Thunder

I hate it when money issues come up in relationships. That's why it's best to lay everything down before the said "money" event happens. In this case, ask yourself why you offered her the bingo card if you weren't prepared for her possibly winning. In my opinion she didn't do anything wrong and if anything did the right thing in paying for your meal.

Just be thankful you have a g/f that let's you gamble. My last one got very upset when I went to AC as she felt like I could "be using that money to treat her out" or spending that time with her instead... Trying to convince her that it is in a sense a job or an investment in myself would not fly. The one time she did go to AC with me, I showed her how much money I could win (thankfully, I had a good day) but even then my argument didn't fly. I'd be curious to see how people here would handle that!

Know the Rules, Win the Game

2 men equal characteristics but one has money, which one gets the girl?
Money is used for:
Food
Shelter
Clothes
Healthcare
Transportation
Education
For the woman and/or her children
To think women don't or shouldn't think about money is extremely naive.

Machinist

blackjack avenger said:
2 men equal characteristics but one has money, which one gets the girl?
Money is used for:
Food
Shelter
Clothes
Healthcare
Transportation
Education
For the woman and/or her children
To think women don't or shouldn't think about money is extremely naive.
It's also quite naive to think that women need men to provide for them in this day and age. Especially in this country.

Machinist

sagefr0g

it don't really matter

all kind of stuff you can try. lol, hey here's something else to try that won't work:
(Dead link: http://academicearth.org/lectures/nash-equilibrium-dating-cournot)
naw, forget that, lol, try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTwdYmT7Pw
hey rondo yah can't beat a negative expectation game, you know that, this is one where the common plaintive statement of "yah just can't win" has the answer, "yer not supposed to".
but, life is good, very good!:cool2::whip:

aslan

Machinist said:
It's also quite naive to think that women need men to provide for them in this day and age. Especially in this country.

Machinist
They don't need to but for many of them what could be better than to have some dumb cowboy work himself silly giving her only the best? But I love women... Just have to be careful you hook up with one who has your back.

aslan

Thunder said:
I hate it when money issues come up in relationships. That's why it's best to lay everything down before the said "money" event happens. In this case, ask yourself why you offered her the bingo card if you weren't prepared for her possibly winning. In my opinion she didn't do anything wrong and if anything did the right thing in paying for your meal.

Just be thankful you have a g/f that let's you gamble. My last one got very upset when I went to AC as she felt like I could "be using that money to treat her out" or spending that time with her instead... Trying to convince her that it is in a sense a job or an investment in myself would not fly. The one time she did go to AC with me, I showed her how much money I could win (thankfully, I had a good day) but even then my argument didn't fly. I'd be curious to see how people here would handle that!
My wife supports my card playing, but I had a kind of revelation last year. Usually when I wouldwin, I would give her a nice big chunk. She loved that. Then one day she let it slip that it was okay that I played with my "bankroll" but it would not be okay if I played from "our" money. I don't have to tell you how fast the "gifts" from my winnings stopped. Now, I felt I needed that money to build up my bankroll, rather than get into an argument over using other money. She doesn't seem to mind the absence of the gifts, but I still urge her to spend my comp dollars on herself before they expire, and she likes the free hotels and restaurants wherever we go.