Lucky Lucky

Now this seems like a popular side bet. It seems very difficult to be able to make a profit off of it but I was thinking about finding a way to breakeven/ make a small profit for cover purposes. Most place should know that side bets are sucker bets and if you played it that might help the "gambler" persona. Has anyone done any research into this?

Martin Gayle

I think it can be beat with a side count of 6's,7's 8's and wonging in on that.

Maybe if you use a balanced count that takes into account 7's and 8's you might be able to make a bet at closer to even money.

The Lucky Lucky is one of the best side bets for the player you will ever see. Depending on your limits you might be able to afford a $1 or $2 there for cover. There are cheaper and more expensive cover moves out there.

Pro21

This is not cover. No boss is going to say, "Gee, I thought that guy was a counter but he bets the side bet so he must not be." If you vary your bet, and win, eventually you will get tossed.

daddybo

Pro21 said:
This is not cover. No boss is going to say, "Gee, I thought that guy was a counter but he bets the side bet so he must not be." If you vary your bet, and win, eventually you will get tossed.
I would even say if you don't vary your bet and win consistently... you will get tossed. I used to think they didn't care if you win, but have since discovered they actually keep a accounting record of any player they can identify. If you win too often you will notice you don't get the comps. If you are winning way too often you will get tossed, even if your just lucky. :confused:

Pro21

This is very true daddybo, and it doesn't really matter what game you are playing. However, if you play BJ you will get tossed sooner than if playing another game, and if you vary your bet at BJ you will get tossed sooner than another BJ player.

daddybo

Pro21 said:
This is very true daddybo, and it doesn't really matter what game you are playing. However, if you play BJ you will get tossed sooner than if playing another game, and if you vary your bet at BJ you will get tossed sooner than another BJ player.

:laugh: I can vouch for that statement!

Ok well if I just wanted to play it simply to fit in since almost every single player plays this side bet. Does anyone know if anyone has looked into beating this side bet?

daddybo

1357111317 said:
Ok well if I just wanted to play it simply to fit in since almost every single player plays this side bet. Does anyone know if anyone has looked into beating this side bet?

here's a good place to start..(if you haven't already been there.)

http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix8.html#LuckyLucky

I think this game can be beaten. I've looked at it a little....you'll need a couple of helpers and some separate counts.

Sonny

If you side count 7s you can find an average advantage around 1.4%, but the frequency would only be around 16%. Using a more advanced counting system would bring you closer to an average advantage of around 3%.

But, as others have pointed out, this won't help with cover. Your playing style will still get scrutiny and the side bet will not help if they recognize your skill. If anything, they will assume that you are beating the side bet too. They are very quick to jump to conclusions about these kinds of things.

-Sonny-

Yeah I did a bit of analyzing and found that Aces,6's,7's and 8s help the player whereas all the other cards do not. I think some kind of suit reckoned count of 6 7 and 8s would be the best way to beat it.