UFC Heavyweights Finale

Jack_Black

carwin lesnar

Not really excited about this fight card. but i do have $.02 on carwin.

Both recently fought against frank mir. Both beat frank mir. However, carwin beat him in the 1st round, like he has with every opponent. Lesnar on the other hand, has went up against mir twice. losing once and getting a tko in the 2nd round in the rematch.

that is my tiebreaker caller. I've been on the fence all day weighing out strengths and weaknesses of both fighters. lesnar is a div 1 champ, carwin div 2. I highly doubt carwin has cardio to make it to a second round. lesnar is coming back after stomach surgery and 1 year of no fighting. etc etc. but the Mir fights is whats sealing the deal for me.

Deathclutch

Jack_Black said:
Not really excited about this fight card. but i do have $.02 on carwin.

Both recently fought against frank mir. Both beat frank mir. However, carwin beat him in the 1st round, like he has with every opponent. Lesnar on the other hand, has went up against mir twice. losing once and getting a tko in the 2nd round in the rematch.

that is my tiebreaker caller. I've been on the fence all day weighing out strengths and weaknesses of both fighters. lesnar is a div 1 champ, carwin div 2. I highly doubt carwin has cardio to make it to a second round. lesnar is coming back after stomach surgery and 1 year of no fighting. etc etc. but the Mir fights is whats sealing the deal for me.
I never posted my picks but anyone who talks to me on here knows I was picking Lesnar all the way. Leban surprised me beating Akiyama. Most of the rest of the fights went as planned. George is really starting to impress me, especially since we have the same grappling style.

Jack_Black

Deathclutch said:
I never posted my picks but anyone who talks to me on here knows I was picking Lesnar all the way. Leban surprised me beating Akiyama. Most of the rest of the fights went as planned. George is really starting to impress me, especially since we have the same grappling style.
LOL! you only picked lesnar because of the Deathclutch moniker! Gotta show some team pride! just kiddin. anyway, that was a bad night for me. I will start giving lesnar credit as an incredible MMA fighter now that he's been able to win by submission, tko, G&P, top control. But carwin was able to hurt him. yet carwin is a one trick pony. rush you and beat the snot out of you. kinda like Tank abbot. anyway, the only one I got right was sotiropoulous. Can't believe bonnar won, and can't believe that akiyama got beat. btw, I'm no longer a fan of akiyama (a zainichi korean), after I found out his nickname is sexyama.

Deathclutch

Jack_Black said:
LOL! you only picked lesnar because of the Deathclutch moniker! Gotta show some team pride! just kiddin. anyway, that was a bad night for me. I will start giving lesnar credit as an incredible MMA fighter now that he's been able to win by submission, tko, G&P, top control. But carwin was able to hurt him. yet carwin is a one trick pony. rush you and beat the snot out of you. kinda like Tank abbot. anyway, the only one I got right was sotiropoulous. Can't believe bonnar won, and can't believe that akiyama got beat. btw, I'm no longer a fan of akiyama (a zainichi korean), after I found out his nickname is sexyama.
Sexyama is such a talented fighter, I just wish he'd drop to 170 and do something about his cardio issues. He could be a beast down there, although the cut could make his cardio issues worse. Dong Hyung Kim is Korean too is he not? He's another fighter I really like watching but is plagued by the same cardio issues. Is a beast in round 1 and seems to fade the longer the fights go. And that nickname cracks me up.

Deathclutch

creeping panther said:
Lesnar came off a terrible illness to beat Carwin, I found this amazing as I can assure you Lesnar was far from 100%.

Kudos to both fighters.

CP
Yeah, it may not have been the most technical fight but both of them went after it hard and Lesnar was able to show a lot of heart although I'm worried he doesn't have enough people able to bully him in his camp. Ever since he became champ I've been saying that if anyone will dethrone him it will be Cain and that's next up for him. I hope Lesnar can find a way to keep Cain on his back because I feel that if it stays standing or goes to the later rounds it starts to favor Cain.

shadroch

What would it take to get a Lesner/Bobby Lashley fight signed?
One of my Fraternity Brothers was Lashley's CO in the army and swears the man is super-human.

Jack_Black

Deathclutch said:
Sexyama is such a talented fighter, I just wish he'd drop to 170 and do something about his cardio issues. He could be a beast down there, although the cut could make his cardio issues worse. Dong Hyung Kim is Korean too is he not? He's another fighter I really like watching but is plagued by the same cardio issues. Is a beast in round 1 and seems to fade the longer the fights go. And that nickname cracks me up.
Stun Gun is an Original Korean. They don't come much fresher off the boat than that. His last fight looked pretty lame. they both looked like girls fake punching each other at the end of round 3. I can't believe when you're an elite fighter, you don't have elite cardio. Anyone can have great cardio. there is no excuse. Some people aren't born with great wrestling or fighting talent, but cardio is something that can be worked on. I've seen a few muy thai and taekwondo matches where one opponent had better skills, but he still lost the match because his opponent had better cardio.

Jack_Black

shadroch said:
What would it take to get a Lesner/Bobby Lashley fight signed?
One of my Fraternity Brothers was Lashley's CO in the army and swears the man is super-human.
he has to finish his strikeforce contract first, whether that be him fulfilling it, or strikeforce letting him go. UFC also has to consider him a worthy contender for lesnar. AKA viewer ratings, and market/moneymaking potential. He looks promising for such a young pro career. I'm sure he'll do well, but lesnar is a NCAA Div. 1 champ. bobby has a purple belt in Jiujitsu. I've never really seen much jiujitsu style wrestling in the heavyweight division, let alone good jiujitsu. From Denver, CO!! wow Carwin, nate marquardt, and now lashley rep from my state?! I'm thinking about joining nate's gym, but I'll have to check out bobby lashley's gym too now.

oh btw, deathclutch. Cain didn't look too excited when lesnar won the match. cain is a knockout artist like carwin, and now he's seen that lesnar has an iron chin with wrestling skills for backup.