2:1:3 Betting Strategy

In answer to some of the threads here ...

I'm doing a variation on a 2:1:3 betting strategy. It works nicely to hold me steady while I wait for opportunities to double down or increase my bet.

Start with 2x the table limit.
If you win, next bet is table limit.
If you lose, go on to 3x the table limit.

Next, if betting table limit:
Win or lose, go to 2x the limit.

Or, if betting 3x the table limit, (ie. you just lost a hand and are upping your bet):
If you win, go to table limit for next bet.
If you lose, go to 2x table limit.

On a push, bet the same again next hand.
On a surrender, next bet as if you lost the hand.

I think this works because, over all, it averages out to 0 gain or loss, if you assume 33% of your hands will win.

Then it's just waiting for doubling down to set up your gains.

Coach R

BigFish said:
In answer to some of the threads here ...

I'm doing a variation on a 2:1:3 betting strategy. It works nicely to hold me steady while I wait for opportunities to double down or increase my bet.

Start with 2x the table limit.
If you win, next bet is table limit.
If you lose, go on to 3x the table limit.

Next, if betting table limit:
Win or lose, go to 2x the limit.

Or, if betting 3x the table limit, (ie. you just lost a hand and are upping your bet):
If you win, go to table limit for next bet.
If you lose, go to 2x table limit.

On a push, bet the same again next hand.
On a surrender, next bet as if you lost the hand.

I think this works because, over all, it averages out to 0 gain or loss, if you assume 33% of your hands will win.

Then it's just waiting for doubling down to set up your gains.
How can see this as a good system? If you lose your first two hands your down 5x? no loss with a 33% win? only if your winning hands are high units bet and your lossing are low units bet. You are also assuming you will win on your double downs and splits. Any system will work sometimes, but it will never beat the house edge. Counting is the only way to know when you have an advantage. it's simple math! If there is 100 balls in a bag, 51 black, 49 white, you will get white alot of the time, but not as many times as black. You will lose no matter how you look at it. If any system worked, don't you think someone smarter than you or I would have used it and forced vegas to change betting.
Learn to count, don't get greedy, play smart. Remember, just because you can count doesn't mean you will win. You need to know what the count is, it is to your disadvantage to play just as often is it is to your advantage to play, and no system can change those odds. At least when you are a good counter, you will know when to play, when to make those bigger unit bets, and when to pull them back.