vp strategy

rrwoods

I've been thinking about getting into video poker. The Wizard of Odds has a bunch of strategies for various pay tables, but I don't see one for the pay table that my home store uses for 2's wild:

Natural Royal Flush 800
4x Deuces 200
Wild Royal Flush 25
5 of a Kind 16
Straight Flush 13
4 of a Kind 4
Full House 3
Flush 2
Straight 2
3 of a Kind 1

Can someone point me to a strategy for this, or tell me this game isn't worth playing (<=99.0%)?

Sucker

Guynoire said:
That's an unusual game. If the straight flush paid 10 instead of 13 it would be the very common Not So UGLY Deuces, NSUD 99.7%, but paying 13 as posted the return is 101.46%.
In the "Not so ugly deuces" game, the full house pays 4 as opposed to 3 in the OP's game. This is a rather significant change because of the prevalence of full houses in deuces wild game. Because of this the return is definitely going to be much less than 101.46%.

I do not have the proper software to figure the correct odds. Perhaps Guy has it and he can re-post to give us the correct odds.:)

Guynoire

Sucker said:
In the "Not so ugly deuces" game, the full house pays 4 as opposed to 3 in the OP's game. This is a rather significant change because of the prevalence of full houses in deuces wild game. Because of this the return is definitely going to be much less than 101.46%.

I do not have the proper software to figure the correct odds. Perhaps Guy has it and he can re-post to give us the correct odds.:)
Your right, I forgot NSUD pays 4 to a full house.

Rerunning I found a payback of 98.861%, this game is worthless.