In need of sarcasm button

The Chaperone

I was being completely sarcastic in the 670k RF thread. Aslan and some others were basically saying that playing that game was silly because you have to pay taxes. By the same logic, working any job is silly because of taxes. Makes no sense. Anyways, apologies for derailing the thread. Did not expect that at all.

NightStalker

Did not read the complete thread

The Chaperone said:
I was being completely sarcastic in the 670k RF thread. Aslan and some others were basically saying that playing that game was silly because you have to pay taxes. By the same logic, working any job is silly because of taxes. Makes no sense. Anyways, apologies for derailing the thread. Did not expect that at all.
but i assume he was referring to variance in gambling vs natural income. If you have a -ive year, you cannot offset with future profits.. This is true for part time players who play less than 1000hours in an year..

Obviously playing the game was +EV, and given HS's bankroll- he should be fine with taxes..

21forme

The Chaperone said:
I was being completely sarcastic in the 670k RF thread.
I haven't been following the other thread, but it's hard to believe you were being sarcastic in a post. That's so out of character for you. <insert sarcasm button here>

Chap

The Chaperone said:
You are forgiven;):)

We are very happy to have a player of your caliber posting here.:cool:

CP

Machinist

It's quite obvious Chaperone is back on his med's and in his room. :p
Seriously though, Huck says he took a few 'shots' at the machine? When I sit down to take a "play", I play till the goal is achieved win or lose. Either my BR is big enough to do the job or it isn't and if it isn't I walk.
I'm just thinking out loud here and wondering what his bankroll could possibly be. ?
Anyone have a good guess?
Machinist

Richard Munchkin

This is not uncommon for people to take a shot at a VP machine. If you read Million Dollar VP that is exactly what Bob Dancer did when he hit a 600k royal.

Even if you don't have a bankroll to constantly play a $100 VP machine there is nothing wrong with taking shot with positive ev.

Richard Munchkin said:
This is not uncommon for people to take a shot at a VP machine. If you read Million Dollar VP that is exactly what Bob Dancer did when he hit a 600k royal.

Even if you don't have a bankroll to constantly play a $100 VP machine there is nothing wrong with taking shot with positive ev.
"Taking a shot" - new aphorism for over-betting? zg

aslan

The Chaperone said:
I certainly did not say playing the game was silly, nor mean to infer it. I only showed what the taxes would be if I had won the prize. I love paying more taxes, because it means I have made money. You must have inferred that I thought he had a -EV game. To be truthful, I did not know whether he did or he didn't since I did not know the HA of that particular game, the comps involved or the odds of hitting the jackpot before it became unprofitable. I was trying to make a neutral statement. :)