hierarchy sticky

sagefr0g

thumbs up rukus & of couse QFIT

rukus said:
it is random with respect to time, though obviously you wont get a +12 TC on the first hand dealt so there are some limitations like that. see this page from QFIT's ebook. basically you can expect "mini" random distributions around 0 but with different min/max TCs for each "mini" distribution depending on depth level of the pack. so for example, using the first picture in that link, 1 deck into a 6D shoe, you might see a normal TC distribution from -8 to 8, where the TC randomly varies between those 2 endpoints within 1D's worth of play. but it is still random.

if it were anything else but random you would be able to take advantage of it....
:1st:
thanks rukus that's the sort of thing i was wondering. and yeah you'd suspect it was gonna be a random sort of thing. otherwise it could be exploited. so with that in mind i wonder about the phenomenon that Renzey in Blackjack Bluebook II mentions (as others have commented about it as well) a phenomenon that i don't know may be related to the true count theorem where especially in multiple deck games the true count is (my words) tends to be sluggish, tends to be less volatile, tends to stay negative longer if it gets negative or tends to stay positive longer once it goes positive. that phenomenon i dunno if it's ever been studied up on but anyway i guess it's got it's advantages and disadvantages to where yeah you might get some decent positive count to where you can bet up on it but at the same time it might just not drop so readily to where the advantage may or may not be realized. any known studies on that phenomenon? maybe the volatility rate increases deeper in the pack?

another thing i'm wondering about is if there is for some given pack size (and perhaps number of players) if there is maybe some expected limit of how high or low the TC is able or maybe expected to fall for some given round? :confused:

so but anyway, like Automonkey was alluding it's nice that blackjack has this normal distribution of true counts.

THIS Irwin Corey -
Prof. Irwin Corey, the world's foremost authority
ah yes zengrifter now i know. lol being a forty-niner i coulda known and shoulda known. ;) so many things.......

Last edited: