BOOK FOR SALE -- Collectable

cardcounter0

Special Hardcover edition of Blackjack Attack - 3rd Edition.

Limited 550 copy hardcover run, individually numbered and signed by the Author, Don Schlesinger.

This is the "bible" of how much to bet, and how to bet it. This expanded 3rd edition has added team play info as well as expanded expectation tables.

The book has a "flat" binding, so it lays flat when opened much like a college text book, to make it easier to read and study.

Book is in good condition (it does not include the dust cover) it is a plain blue cover.

This was one of the first 550 copies released when the 3rd edition was completed. Autographed on the cover page by the author.

Make offers. I think I will have a reserve price on this one, unlike my offer for "Beyond Counting" which I was willing to sell to highest bidder (a little bit north of $500 got that one).

cardcounter0 said:

Limited 550 copy hardcover run, individually numbered and signed by the Author, Don Schlesinger.

This is the "bible" of how much to bet, and how to bet it. This expanded 3rd edition has added team play info as well as expanded expectation tables.

The book has a "flat" binding, so it lays flat when opened much like a college text book, to make it easier to read and study.

Book is in good condition (it does not include the dust cover) it is a plain blue cover.

This was one of the first 550 copies released when the 3rd edition was completed. Autographed on the cover page by the author.

Make offers. I think I will have a reserve price on this one, unlike my offer for "Beyond Counting" which I was willing to sell to highest bidder (a little bit north of $500 got that one).
I'll start the bidding at reserve + $1.00. zg

cardcounter0

Contents are exactly the same.

The signed hardcover edition of Don Schlesinger’s "Blackjack Attack" is a collector's item, printed on extra-bright paper with a deluxe cover and special flexible, sewn binding.

With the hard cover and binding, the book has a college textbook feel, and is much easier to sit and study with than a floppy flexible softcover.

This was the original run of 550 copies, available to a select few before the softcover book was put on sale. It is numbered as such, one of the 550, and autographed. There were only 1000 total hardcover books produced.

bjcount

cardcounter0 said:

So did you come up with a reserve price on BJ Attack yet. Was it yours on Ebay, beyond counting, that sold for 520.00?

My bid is $6.50 + 4.00 shipping Not reserve + 6.50

moo321 was at $5

Last edited:
bjcount said:
So did you come up with a reserve price on BJ Attack yet. Was it yours on Ebay, beyond counting, that sold for 520.00?

My bid is $6.50 + 4.00 shipping Not reserve + 6.50

moo321 was at $5
He said there was a min reserve bid (he didn't say how much the min was), so don't waste his time with frivolous bids. z:whip:g

Last edited:

bjcount

cardcounter0 said:

zengrifter said:
He said there was a min reserve bid (he didn't say how much the min was), so don't waste his time with frivolous bids. z:whip:g
He did not say There is, he said he He Thinks there will be, so I do not see how my bid was frivolous. I won't waste my time anymore, you can have it.

cardcounter0

A signed copy hardcover 3rd edition book (15 left) of the 1000 made is available from RGE publishing for $49.95, however these are not the numbered copies. The book I am selling is XX of 550, ie: the original first run pre-publicly sold copies.

So I think at least $50 is the reserve price, anything less then buy it from RGE.

And my copy of Beyond Counting was sold privately, it was not posted or done thru ebay.

cardcounter0

Of course we all have the book.

In fact, I have many copies. Some in better shape then others, sometimes looking up the Chapter 10 tables on the road tends to cause pages to get dog eared, and the first edition binding was crap causing all the pages to fall out with a lot of use.

I just have a deep appreciation for Don Schlesinger, his sharing of some of his original ideas allowed me to make a lot of money. I thought someone else might like an autographed copy from one of the leaders in the field.

We probably all have cars, but I still stop and look when a 1967 all original corvette rumbles by.

shadroch

Gordon Gekko said:
We all have this book. I don't get all the hype. ZG, if you really want it, cut this guy a check for $51 and be done with it.

gg
Why are you trying to derail this thread? If you have no interest in the book,then go about doing whatever it is you do when not popping off here.

I'm not trying to derail this thread Shadroch, relaxe dude. I didn't get the hype, capire? I'm sure someone will enjoy the signed copy to add to their collection.

Now if ZG graciously puts up a transcript of The Zengrifter Interview signed by himself and Barfy, that would be cool. I'll even throw in 5 or 6 cocktail napkins from the front bar at the 4 Queens where ZG scribbled a cliff note verson of the "Gambit" as well as improvements for Adv Red-7. Back then I think it was required study for me before our assult on Pahrump.

gg

Last edited: