Atlantic City

$5 Tables in the Off-Season?

I'm a BS player and aspiring counter, and would like to play as cheaply as possible until I can take the training wheels off-- are there more $5 tables in AC during the winter? I was down there on a Friday afternoon/ evening about a month ago and saw plenty of $10s in Resorts and Bally's/Claridge, and thought maybe they get desparate enough in the off-season to lower the limits. Friday afternoons are best for me, but weekday nights are do-able (weekends would of course be great, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up....)

I was at The Sands this last summer and although I never actually saw it when I asked the pit boss if he'd be switching to $5 tables at any point (this was around 3am) he said they'd probably switch in a couple hours. The place was almost completely empty but there were still some folks milling around betting a bit bigger so I spose they were reluctant to lower the minimums just yet. I went to bed not long after and didn't get up until like dinner time and the minimum was $10 so if they switched they had upped the mins again before I got down there. It was a saturday going into sunday btw.

Long story short, pit boss rumor has it that The Sands may drop down to 5$ from time to time. They also had single deck there, but the mins were the same as with the regular which was 8 deck if I remember correctly. Stand s17, dont recall surrender but I was drinking more than thinking so honestly I'm not positive.