Zen v Hi-Lo

li_ka_shing168 said:
well the conclusion i need to know is, if it will be better to backcount this kind of 8 decks game with a spread of 1-40 with hilo or with zen. considering the fact that i give both 3% ROR. the optimal betting ramp arent the same but i want to keep the ROR at 3%. like I said. the result on the simulation shows that zen wins more money. but i just dont get enough chances to pull the big bets out.
If you backcount, and dso not have a significant investment of time and practice in ZEN, then HiLo is fine.

Also, for backcount 1-40 is too big and counterproductive - you only need 1-8 (ie 8u bet = 40u bet) (eg 5-40 spread).

5u
10u
20u
20u + 20u

johndoe

zengrifter said:
Also, for backcount 1-40 is too big and counterproductive - you only need 1-8 (ie 8u bet = 40u bet) (eg 5-40 spread).
When does a big spread become counterproductive? Assuming you can get away with it, and your BR can tolerate it, it seems like the bigger the better.

zengrifter said:
If you backcount, and dso not have a significant investment of time and practice in ZEN, then HiLo is fine.

5u
10u
20u
20u + 20u
Well, for the zen, i have already put my time on it to be able to play almost as good as hilo. Ive memorized all the indexes and thing I need for it. there is no other game in my area a part from the 8d decks one. But i am just scared the investment Ive put on zen was a waste because it doesn't perform better. like yesterday, I've tried hilo just to make an experiment, it seems that i was playing more hands per hour. my average bet was higher. OH and one thing I forgot, i do side count aces when I play with hilo, will this make a difference now on the earning and beat the zen?

bigplayer

SleightOfHand said:
I recently started to upgrade from Hi-Lo to Zen. When punching in numbers from CVCX, I noticed that Zen is doing a lot worse than Hi-Lo in the sim. I'm using the "Complete Zen Count" S16 + F4 from CVCX premade playing strategies and the canned Hi-Lo S16 + F4 sim. Is this right?
My guess is that the High Low simulation was done with is flooring the negative counts and Zen is truncating. That would explain why you are playing a bigger percentage of hands with Zen than High-Low when it should be the other way around because the 0 bucket in Zen is roughly half the size of the 0 bucket in High Low.

What this means is that a high low count of -0.5 is floored and counted as -1 and thus the player wongs out. Zen may be truncated so -0.5 is counted as 0 so the player continues to play.