Off and Running

I am a retired truck driver (as of July 2009). Been using high low card counting with single decks (flat betting til I get a plus 3), playing regularly downtown Vegas. Started with $10 units, was doing pretty well for the first six months. I got back doored at the El Cortez, so I'm thinking I must not be too bad at this. Got kicked out for 2x$50. At the time I had hair down to my keester (I hadn't had a haircut for seven years, vowing not to get one til the Cubs win the Pennant). The second week of January, I decided to go $25 units, and lemmee tell you - it attracts a lot of attention at Binion's, Four Queens and El Cortez. I have resisted getting player's cards at all these places. And by this time I've gotten my haircut. First day, after trolling I'm down $800. Second day, first try of the day at Four Queens-won $1100, and now I'm off and running. Played all three places, different sessions until I had a losing session-when I went back to my room I had 32-$100 bills in my wallet.Third day- the wheels fell off! I lost 11 out of 12 sessions- left town $800 loser! I'm still on the plus side since I retired, but right when I decided to step up to another level-BOOM. This has to be the wave of variance? I'm not dropping back down and next week I'm off to Reno. The Silver Legacy and others. I've been playing for over 20 years and I retired full well believing that I can do this. Gotta tell you though- Wonging in is not allowed in a lot of places there. We shall see what we shall see!!!!!!!!!!!

I started with $1000...I have been to Vegas and Reno together about ten times...I was fortunate to have winning sessions the first three trips...At one point, my bankroll was $3300 (up $2300), using $10 units...On some three day trips, after the first day I would be $400-$500 loser, but I would hang in there and recoup the next two days....Until my last trip to Vegas the worst loss I'd had was $300 on a three day total...But like I said- I stepped up to a higher level ($25) so the $800 is just a bigger ratio...So where am I now? On the plus side still- $800- and not discouraged------yet. Gotta tell you though...That last trip to Vegas was humbling...But I tell myself, "Super Bowl teams don't get a first down every play -or every series- and sometimes they have to punt, too."