question for men

Shoofly

creeping panther said:
I love to tell people they saved the table,,,even if they did not, it is such a corny azz cliche,,,that I just gotta love it,,,delivered with a mixed brew of awe and stupidity and a dose of sarcasm:laugh: CP
Sometimes ploppy talk can be helpful. Just at the time of a dealer change, the count dropped and I lowered my bet. A lady at the table said, "I don't blame you. Burning a card probably made you nervous about continuing with the big bet." Yeah, that's it. I was nervous about the burn card.

FrankieT

FLASH1296 said:
FrankieT is guilty of simple hyperbole.

Your gender does provides an extra measure of camouflage, so to speak.

"never" ?

L.O.L.

:whip:
Not guilty of hyperbole as much as you think. Young semi- attractive females are spoiled rotten. Try posting a picture of a 20ish chick on a dating site, and see how much comps you can get just for being a genetic celebrity - on the flipside, men know that they have to spoil and lie to young women to get their attention, so that is why they often have little respect for women.

Even if the man respects the woman's ability to count, he still will probably ignore her and let her win way more than he'd let a man win because of benevolent sexism.

I hate to sound sexist, i'll bet you your ass that gender is the number one factor in determining your chances of getting kicked out or not.

Gamblor

FrankieT said:
Not guilty of hyperbole as much as you think. Young semi- attractive females are spoiled rotten. Try posting a picture of a 20ish chick on a dating site, and see how much comps you can get just for being a genetic celebrity - on the flipside, men know that they have to spoil and lie to young women to get their attention, so that is why they often have little respect for women.

Even if the man respects the woman's ability to count, he still will probably ignore her and let her win way more than he'd let a man win because of benevolent sexism.

I hate to sound sexist, i'll bet you your ass that gender is the number one factor in determining your chances of getting kicked out or not.
They do get a certain amount of leeway. Played with a young female semi-counter. She would just sit at the table with a marker in front of her for nearly the whole shoe. Then when the count got high towards the end, she would all of sudden bet :laugh: Ah, backcounting without getting your feet tired. There were only guys at the table, so they thought this was very odd, but funny. If I tried this, I'm sure there would have been a fist fight.

But females certainly do not have immunity. In fact, being a female poses problems men do not face, as woman in general do not spread bets aggressively and do not play "aggressively", e.g., doubling 11 v 10. This would immediately cast a bit of suspicion on you - as I mentioned, even ploppies notice its odd when a woman plays "aggressively".

aslan

mica said:
greetings!

what is the best way to stop mature male BJ players from acting condescending towards me without bringing unwanted attention to myself or undue embarrassment to the guys who think a female can't count to 21?

I am a fairly good (card counting) female. I am getting a little tired of guys constantly saying: "you've got 14, 15, 16...etc ...that's not going to beat 20....you better hit that". Or...you have 18, 19, 20....not going to improve that hand...you should stand". to add insult to
injury...these remarks are often addresses to
"sweetheart"!

recently, I got fed up with a particular gentleman...after he said "you've got 19
sweetie"....I replied: "and you have 17, HONEY". although no one at the table paid any attention to his many comments to me.,,,everyones eyes widened when I spoke up....including the dealer.

any suggestions for handling situations like this without coming across as a b-----?

thanks!
You should thank them; they are handing you great camo on a silver platter. Always remember, you can laugh all the way to the bank. They have their fun, but you get the money. What you have to do is sacrifice your desire for equal treatment for getting the cash, which is presumably why you are playing. Maybe you should lay it on even thicker like, say, the dumb blond bit. :laugh:

gothic

Don't be sarcastic, be facitious. Just give them back-handed respect for their "insight", and politely ignore their wrong suggestions and play like you know how to; you'll win more than you'll lose, they'll lose more than they'll win and you'll thank them for their advice! (the men at the table, not the members of this forum) You'll be delightful and victorious.

TG