15 v A

Jeff25

I have a big bet out, just bought insurance. Count is just over true 4. My index for 15 v A is true 5. Playing a NHC game. Do I hit or stand.

I say hit. I'm having a debate with another counter who says stand because of the insurance.

With this No Hole Card game

do you lose your insurance if you bust? Or if busting, your insurance stays on the table? I'm going to assume the latter, which means the insurance is a totally independent side bet, just like it always is for AP and ploppy alike. If your index to stand with 15 vs. A is at TC=5 and you are in the low 4's, I'm going to be Captain Obvious and say that you hit!

AussiePlayer

bejammin075 said:
do you lose your insurance if you bust? Or if busting, your insurance stays on the table? I'm going to assume the latter, which means the insurance is a totally independent side bet, just like it always is for AP and ploppy alike. If your index to stand with 15 vs. A is at TC=5 and you are in the low 4's, I'm going to be Captain Obvious and say that you hit!
Every NHC/ENHC game I've ever seen treats the insurance bet separately, as it should be.

jack.jackson

Jeff25 said:
I have a big bet out, just bought insurance. Count is just over true 4. My index for 15 v A is true 5. Playing a NHC game. Do I hit or stand.

I say hit. I'm having a debate with another counter who says stand because of the insurance.

If you primarily play 1 and 2 deck games, you might want to learn the differences between H17 and S17 for hands of 14-17 vs A. Theres a reasonable difference in the indexes. Your index of+5 is for H17.

From my experience, on borderline plays, always stick with BS.