shuffle tracking question

this scenerio came up a few times during a session and will continue to do so....just wondering what to do...

while tracking a negative slug through the shuffle, several times i was fairly confident although not 100% sure of the post shuffle accuracy. So instead of putting that slug behind the cut card and adjusting the starting RC, i just cut the cards to the front of the shoe (to which each time i've gotten a great positive count as i would have thought). But i have two questions

A)is this worth doing, or should i just go with the assumption i followed those cards correctly and adjust my beginning RC accordingly. Its seems like a few times i just dont believe my eyes...and think to myself if i put those cards in the beginning of the shoe, i will atleast be 100% sure.

B)what do i do when the negative slug is mostly in the back 1.5 to 2 decks of the precut - post shuffle. In that situation, wouldn't the correct play be to cut those cards to the beginning, since no matter what it seems like they would be cut into play? (i wish it were hi lo jack in those situations, so i could just hit the decks and say...no thanks dealer i do not wish to cut... all set!)

this might help

amchez11 said:
this scenerio came up a few times during a session and will continue to do so....just wondering what to do...

while tracking a negative slug through the shuffle, several times i was fairly confident although not 100% sure of the post shuffle accuracy. So instead of putting that slug behind the cut card and adjusting the starting RC, i just cut the cards to the front of the shoe (to which each time i've gotten a great positive count as i would have thought). But i have two questions

A)is this worth doing, or should i just go with the assumption i followed those cards correctly and adjust my beginning RC accordingly. Its seems like a few times i just dont believe my eyes...and think to myself if i put those cards in the beginning of the shoe, i will atleast be 100% sure.

B)what do i do when the negative slug is mostly in the back 1.5 to 2 decks of the precut - post shuffle. In that situation, wouldn't the correct play be to cut those cards to the beginning, since no matter what it seems like they would be cut into play? (i wish it were hi lo jack in those situations, so i could just hit the decks and say...no thanks dealer i do not wish to cut... all set!)
Dont ever cut a negative slug to the front to raise your count just put it in back and bet high off the rip. On your other question just cut the smallest amount possible, that way you know what you have to suffer through or just get a phone call for the first few hands.

Ferretnparrot

I think you are mistyping that you were intending to cut a positive slug to behind the cutcard but instead choes to put it to the top of the shoe to give yourself a positive count. because, if as you said, you cut a negetive slug to the top of the shoe, it would not give you a positive count, nor woudl you expect it to.

When yo manipulate the posistive slug, your goal is to remove the slug from play, you can do it eiether by putting it behind the cut card, or by putting it to the top of the shoe and waiting for it to be dealt out, IMO putting it to the top of the shoe give you a more accuracte gaugeing of what its worth to you, however putting it behind the cut card will make your betting appear not card counter like. Both methods work, its up to you to choose what you want to do that particular time.