Cut cards

moo321

What do you guys recommend if you can see the bottom card? Currently, I'm simply cutting 2-7 out of play and 9-A into play and then just counting.

Should I worry about steering aces and tens, or just stick to what I'm doing?

And, to what extent does cutting one card into or out of play affect a single or double deck game?

Ferretnparrot

if you can cut the one card behind the cut card, such as a low value card, count it as if you removed it from the game, because that is what you did. removed it from the game.

If you put it into play, and you know where it is, i usually view it as added to the sector of card that i know it is in.

Example, if you know to within the highest degree of your visual accuarcy, that it is in a 1 deck segment, figure the TC of that segment with the addition of that card, then add to this value the TC for the remainder of the shoe from your basic counting, if the remainder of the shoe cotains that one deck segment and add the two true counts together to guide your play when playing that 1 deck segment for the actual TC of that segment of cards

Martin Gayle

moo321 said:
What do you guys recommend if you can see the bottom card? Currently, I'm simply cutting 2-7 out of play and 9-A into play and then just counting.

Should I worry about steering aces and tens, or just stick to what I'm doing?

And, to what extent does cutting one card into or out of play affect a single or double deck game?

How accurate are you using this? If you have a 19 are you able to double to put the A or 2 on it? If you are that accurate and bold keep doing what you are doing.

moo321

Martin Gayle said:
How accurate are you using this? If you have a 19 are you able to double to put the A or 2 on it? If you are that accurate and bold keep doing what you are doing.
Not at all accurate. Just cutting cards into or out of play. I'm wondering if more complicated moves are worth it, and how much what I'm already doing is worth.

Sonny

moo321 said:
I'm wondering if more complicated moves are worth it, and how much what I'm already doing is worth.
Cutting the cards out of play basically increases the penetration by one card, which doesn’t gain much but it’s better than not doing anything. If you can steer the card then you can get a huge advantage but you have to be pretty accurate. If you are not accurate enough then the variance will make it a bad bet. It’s definitely worth practicing since it’s a very valuable technique but don’t back it up with any money until you are confident in your skill.

-Sonny-