$49 max bet with this br?

pooptarts92

TYPO in the title lol $40 noy 49. I have $1010 gathered and I plan to only backcount with this BR. At true 2 i'll jump in and my bet spread is the following:
$10 @ tc2
$15 @tc3
$20 @ tc4
$25 @ tc5
$30 @ tc6
$35 @ tc7
$40 @ tc8 and up

I plan to Wong out at any running count of -3 or under.
The main rules i play with are:
Early surrender vs X
4 decks
3:2 Blackjack
up to 4 splits
aces only split once, get 1 card each
DAS
DA2
insurance 2 to 1
H17

I know i've posted something similar to this already but this is with up to 40 as my max bet. Also I've played using this already and lost 175 the first night and made 185 the next lol so I have the extra 10.

Last edited:

SystemsTrader

I know you have a small account but I would still be a little more aggressive and just assume the extra risk. Go to your max bet of $40 at +4 and wong out anytime the count drops below +1 instead of -3.

pooptarts92

SystemsTrader said:
I know you have a small account but I would still be a little more aggressive and just assume the extra risk. Go to your max bet of $40 at +4 and wong out anytime the count drops below +1 instead of -3.
40 at plus 4? so just go 10 bucks times the tc?

I just looked at a quick CVCX sim and unfortunatly at your ramp you will be playing with a large ROR( >15% )unless you are getting less than a deck cut off consistantly. With only 25 max bets you just don't have enough of a bankroll to be able to withstand the variance. And I'm assuming you meant ES v X rather than full ES

pooptarts92

1357111317 said:
I just looked at a quick CVCX sim and unfortunatly at your ramp you will be playing with a large ROR( >15% )unless you are getting less than a deck cut off consistantly. With only 25 max bets you just don't have enough of a bankroll to be able to withstand the variance. And I'm assuming you meant ES v X rather than full ES
hmm so is my max bet too big or do i need more of a br period? keep in mind i replenish/add to it every now and again.

pooptarts92

pooptarts92 said:
hmm so is my max bet too big or do i need more of a br period? keep in mind i replenish/add to it every now and again.
could someone plz help lol, I wanna go play sometime very soon again but i don't want to have a big RoR. i've gotten like 3 different responses, most of which telling me that this spread is ok but now im not even sure.

daddybo

pooptarts92 said:
could someone plz help lol, I wanna go play sometime very soon again but i don't want to have a big RoR. i've gotten like 3 different responses, most of which telling me that this spread is ok but now im not even sure.

You should be fine if you have a replenishable bankroll. You really need about $1600, if you consider the replenish part.... making 40 x max bet as a "trip roll". You certainly want to wong aggressively and work on building the roll a bit. You are taking a moderate risk at that BR to Max bet ratio but if your are playing correctly, you have a greater chance of success than failure.

If you can find a nickel game and adjust your spread downward for a while, that would help.

Again, the key here is the fact you have a replenishable Bank Roll.

-db

pooptarts92

daddybo said:
You should be fine if you have a replenishable bankroll. You really need about $1600, if you consider the replenish part.... making 40 x max bet as a "trip roll". You certainly want to wong aggressively and work on building the roll a bit. You are taking a moderate risk at that BR to Max bet ratio but if your are playing correctly, you have a greater chance of success than failure.

If you can find a nickel game and adjust your spread downward for a while, that would help.

Again, the key here is the fact you have a replenishable Bank Roll.

-db
ok thanks bro. would you even suggest i go max bet 30 instead, until i get to that 1600 mark?

daddybo

pooptarts92 said:
ok thanks bro. would you even suggest i go max bet 30 instead, until i get to that 1600 mark?
You really need as wide a spread as you can stand to make much headway. if you have a 5$ table and can spread to 40$ in the high counts, I would. At least until you build the BR. IF you get hammered, replenish and go again. Ideally you should spread 5 to 60 or more... but i would wait for a bigger bankroll.

you never know.. you might have a $1600 BR next week. Good luck.

-db

pooptarts92

daddybo said:
You really need as wide a spread as you can stand to make much headway. if you have a 5$ table and can spread to 40$ in the high counts, I would. At least until you build the BR. IF you get hammered, replenish and go again. Ideally you should spread 5 to 60 or more... but i would wait for a bigger bankroll.

you never know.. you might have a $1600 BR next week. Good luck.

-db
ok ill stick it out with 40, thanks bro.