Bad beat side beat at Barona

Dyepaintball12

Just got their newsletter in the mail and saw the new sidebet:

"Make a wager on the all new 'Bad Beat Blackjack Progressive', and if you lose with a 20, you win! Starting at 10-1 odds, all the way up to 100% of the progressive!"

Very odd

Dyepaintball12 said:
Just got their newsletter in the mail and saw the new sidebet:

"Make a wager on the all new 'Bad Beat Blackjack Progressive', and if you lose with a 20, you win! Starting at 10-1 odds, all the way up to 100% of the progressive!"

Very odd
Could this be a positive bet at a certain count and/or certain payoff departure? zg

moo321

zengrifter said:
Could this be a positive bet at a certain count and/or certain payoff departure? zg
Hmm, seems like it would intuitively. You get a 20 and the dealer rips a blackjack in a high count. Does it count vs. dealer blackjacks, or just if the dealer draws to a 21?

moo321 said:
Hmm, seems like it would intuitively. You get a 20 and the dealer rips a blackjack in a high count. Does it count vs. dealer blackjacks, or just if the dealer draws to a 21?
It might also have value at low counts. Obviously it calls for a different play strategy; when you have your sidebet down you keep hitting until you have 20. A low count (treating certain cards as "low," just guessing that 5 and 6 will be the most powerful cards) will make both you and the dealer more likely to hit your target without busting.

@DP- any more details on the pay structure?

Dyepaintball12

Okay I actually got another mailer from them today with more details!

"Make a Wager on the all new BAD BEAT BLACKJACK PROGRESSIVE and when you lose with a 20, you win!"

The payoff odds depend on how many cards it takes for the dealer to get a 21:

Dealers Hand:
Magic Card: 20 for 1
Blackjack: 10 for 1
3 cards: 25 for 1
4 cards: 50 for 1
5 cards: 100 for 1
6 cards: 1000 for 1
7 cards: 100% of Jackpot

Not sure what the "Magic Card" is but I assume its just a card in the shoe

Dyepaintball12 said:

"Make a Wager on the all new BAD BEAT BLACKJACK PROGRESSIVE and when you lose with a 20, you win!"

Dealers Hand:

Now that's an interesting bet. I'm guessing the Magic Card is a joker that gives whoever gets it an automatic win, like in CA No-Bust BJ. It helps the dealer unfortunately.

This is going to be a low-count thing, and probably quite vulnerable in an H17 game. What you're looking for are counts where the dealer is going to be able to pull a multi-card 21 out of his ass, and you're going to pull out a 20, which means you're going to bet this in counts where you play like a dealer.

miplet

Dyepaintball12 said:
Here is a (Dead link: http://deq.com/section/products/pdf/LPJ_Brochure.pdf) _pdf_ explaining "Magic Card". It appears to be a separate side bet.

jopke

I'm sure the size of the jackpot also has a pretty big effect on when/if it can be played profitably.

I played there when they first started it and the extra time players spent fiddling with the computer and the dealers spent trying to figure things out really slowed the game down.

If you haven't seen it, the bet is $1 and it is made via a computer that is in front of every spot. You give the dealer chips and they give you credit on your display that you then use for the bet.

mikeyd

Bad beat blackjack progressive

Dyepaintball12 said:

Dealers Hand:

This side bet is going in at the 6 deck pit at Mt Airy.
Lucky Player: 5 for 1
4 cards: 40 for 1

Is there any way to beat this?