Betting Spread

Where I get to play the game is 8 deck shoe, S17,DAD, No Surrender. The tables are from $5 to $100 min. but the max on all tables is $100. So how does the effect the game?
So far I go with $100 bucks ( try not to laugh) and after many hours of practice I am up $800 and something like $16 an hour. I haven't been using a hard and fast spread yet because I'm not sure how to make it fit this game.

Since I don't see counts getting up to 4 very often and I'm playing the $10 min I seem to be getting away with it.

So what kind of spread could I be using given what I have explained?

So far I'm doing this for fun, and I do have a job, so the ror isn't a big factor.

Thanks

Menessis

forwhat77

If you spread 5-100, which is what you truly need to overcome this game, you can make 7.50-10.00 per hour..you will be risking much more than the 800.00 you have grinded up to accomplish this. The chances that you will bust the 800 are very, very great. You should take your profit and spend it on something nice. Wait until you are able to save up a roll, continue studying the game, play for fun when you have the opportunity, and keep saving until you actually have enough to beat the game.

Things happen though and you actually have a very slim chance of actually making it:eek:

Really need to now the penetration to assess the game but it would have to be good to great with those rules. If they limit to $100 max at all tables, they will probably sweat the $100 bets; however, with those rules maybe not. I hope you are wonging out and/or backcounting if the latter is practical.

Wookets

With such a low max. bet, you really should be playing as many hands as you can get away with as long as the penetration is good.

Ya I know it's a long shot. I thought that because I wasn't making any large bets when the count went up that I wasn't getting the full benefit of counting, but I have gone to 3 units! :)

I reread the tutorial and I still don't know how to figure the spreads. ForWhat77 says a spread of 5 to 100. I assumed that. But I don't get how to fit that with the TC. What count would be the max bet?

I do realize that I have been lucky so far. BTW there is an old saying...."I'd rather be lucky than good any day"....LOL

As far as PEN goes it's not bad....around 75% for the most part. I have noticed some dealers that are setting it back around 60%! I watched the one guy do this on the 10 dollar table before and thought that maybe it was because of the $10, but I watched him again at the 15 dollar table and it was the same poor PEN.

So I just want to work out what my spread should be.

Thanks

Menessis

Gamblor

Wookets said:
With such a low max. bet, you really should be playing as many hands as you can get away with as long as the penetration is good.
Yes this. You can actually still get a 1 to 40 (2 x 20) spread out of it.

Even 1 to 20 is actually a big spread, only downside is the max bet is $100, which limits your $/hr - which if your a beginner or someone with limited bankroll and/or part time player, is ok.

Spread

OK so it would look like this then:

$10 min.

TC Unit $10
0 1 10
1 1 10
2 2 20
3 4 40
4 8 80
5 10 100
6 12
7 14
8 16

Or should I spread it out more so the max is at a higher count?

Menessis

Spread

I'm using the HI LO simple count and just learning the I-18s now. I just can't seem to get my head around this spread bussiness. :(

Thanks for the help.

Menessis

BJgenius007

Menessis said:
I'm using the HI LO simple count and just learning the I-18s now. I just can't seem to get my head around this spread bussiness. :(

Thanks for the help.

Menessis
The easiest way to spread is to think you are playing a $20 table then bet the same number of TC and big units.

1 big unit = 4 units

1 unit = $5
1 big unit = $20

TC Bet Size
Neg $5
0 $5
+1 1 big unit = $20
+2 2 big units = $40
+3 3 big units = $60
+4 4 big units = $80
+5 5 big units = $100

You truncate when you calculate the TC.

TC (1.0) = +1
TC (1.5) = +1
TC (1.9) = +1
TC (2.0) = +2
TC (2.5) = +2 etc

Basically, you want to bet minimal $5 when house has the advantage. When TC rises to above +1, players begin to have the advantage, then you want to raise you bet.