Request from Zengrifter

BJINFO's Zen Zone is the 3rd-busiest forum - it has the most threads and the 3rd most posts of the forums here.

Notwithstanding the above, Zen Zone is not getting enough page views to fully qualify as the outstanding Internet discussion board that it represents - one of the best reading rooms on the Web.

As a significant contributor to BJ theory and practice at BJINFO, I have a simple request of all participants here - please occaisionally visit the Zen Zone and read an article or two. And feel free to comment accordingly.

Thank you in advance for your future visits! zg

Zen Zone - http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?f=28

ScottH

zengrifter said:
BJINFO's Zen Zone is the 3rd-busiest forum - it has the most threads and the 3rd most posts of the forums here.
I wonder why your forum has the most threads...:)

zengrifter said:
Notwithstanding the above, Zen Zone is not getting enough page views to fully qualify as the outstanding Internet discussion board that it represents - one of the best reading rooms on the Web.
Agreed. There are some interesting topics that go unnoticed in the Zen Zone. If everyone browsed through the forum occasionally, I'm sure they would find at least one thread that interests them.

nc-tom

I think that one of the things that might keep people from viewing and/or responding to posts on the ZZ is the way many of the topics are presented. I know often when looking through the ZZ the topics are slanted to such a degree towards a certin point of view that it seems almost like a blog for ZG personal opnion than a statement for discussion.If the information was presented in a less confrontational manner maybe more people would weigh in with opnions. Just a thought.

nc-tom said:
I think that one of the things that might keep people from viewing and/or responding to posts on the ZZ is the way many of the topics are presented. I know often when looking through the ZZ the topics are slanted to such a degree towards a certin point of view that it seems almost like a blog for ZG personal opnion than a statement for discussion.If the information was presented in a less confrontational manner maybe more people would weigh in with opnions. Just a thought.
All it takes is for others to make original posts: Praise for Dubya, ok. Support for the Patriot Act, go for it. More prisons, marijuana's harmfulness, cheers for Ann Coulter... be brave and post and see what happens! zg

nc-tom said:
Well maybe your right ZG.Here is something that was interesting about the western world cowtowing to the muslim fascists around the world . When is it going to stop?http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Self-Censorship-Threatens-the-West-2487043.php
Personally I'm against the American brand of fascism just as much. Here's an article that puts the onus squarely on all troublemakers. zg

When Not Seeing Is Believing
Andrew Sullivan on the rise of fundamentalism and why embracing spiritual doubt is the key to defusing the tension between East and West.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1541466-2,00.html

I really enjoy the Zen Zone. While I don't agree with everything posted there, many of the threads have helped me to expand my mind and look at things differently. Most of the posts are interesting and worth a look.

hopson77

I come through the ZZ a few times a week, and like others have said, while I don't agree with everything that gets posted here, most of it is worth a read. I'll see what I can do about dropping a few "yay" or "nay" posts from here on out.

hopson77 said:
I come through the ZZ a few times a week, and like others have said, while I don't agree with everything that gets posted here, most of it is worth a read. I'll see what I can do about dropping a few "yay" or "nay" posts from here on out.
I appreciate that - BUT my main purpose with this post was actually more page views. zg

what's the point, ZG? no secret that you and i share divergent views the majority of the time. with that said, i have no problems reading/listening/debating with folks who do not share my idealogical views. what really fatigues me about the ZZ is the sheer number of "the sky is falling"/"the world as we know it is ending"/"conspiratorial garbage" threads that predominate. i get enough of all that with all the other 'news' outlets. it gets very stale and the emotional response i had when i initially started viewing your posts quickly faded as the continual drumbeat did not change.
i have really enjoyed the occasional article on science, optical illusions, etc. those are too few and far between to go hunting for the needle in the haystack.
basically, i come here to learn about blackjack and trying to improve my play. you have a tremendous grasp of practical application of theory. your comments on this subject are always cogent and thoughtful and i respect your insight.

rdorange

Filing data

zengrifter said:
One person's garbage is another's gem. zg
That is one way of seeing it.

I go to the ZZ every time I am on site. It always has at least one topic of interest. I don't read every thread, but as others have commented, I read the ones of interest to me. Sometimes I read a topic I have no knowledge about at all and if interested, I read on, if not, I move on to the next thread. If nothing else, I may not find many "gems" but I do collect or gather a lot of "nuggets". These so called nuggets usually get filed away in a part of my brain that is filled with what most people refer to as "useless information." It comes in handy all the time!!

Thanks for the nuggets!:)

blackchipjim

Escape from reality

You do have to understand ZG that alot of people don't go to the site for various reasons. I would think alot of people don't want to see reality or have it brought to their attention. People come for the entertainment value and knowledge base that this whole site has to offer. The last thing they want is could be termed rantings. I don't believe they are but, some may interput them as such. Please keep up the good journilism. blackchipjim