Pen in Vegas as a whole.

I know of a friend going to vegas in a bit and am looking for some good games for him to play since I might be splitting some of his action. I have looked at the wizard of vegas site but that only gives house edges and rules. I am looking for some pen numbers to go with the house edges since we all know pen is the most important factor. Pms are obviously a better way of communicating this than a post.

Just as a whole in vegas are you expecting to find less than 1.5 cut out of 6 or is that the best you can expect? For DD games will you ever find less than 0.7 decks cut off as well? Now obviously I'm sure a certain dealer at a certain place will probably give good pen but I am looking for more of a general consensus on what kind of pen to expect.

matt21

Mr. Prime, hope all is well with you - I would recommend looking at the CBJN publication which contains the pen levels. I used the publication whilst playing in LV in Dec and found it reasonably accurate.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Lonesome Gambler

75% DD games and 5/6D games aren't hard to find, but you'll need to do your research. CBJN is a good starting place, but pen is one of the most variable factors in the game. I can only think of two places that are always 75% on DD and 1 that's 5/6D, but I have little trouble finding either outside of these by doing a little footwork. My best advice: look away from the strip.