Brace yourself- Hit Me is coming to the big screen

Sonny

I just watched the trailer on IMDB. The trailer was really, really bad. Hopefully the movie will be much better but I doubt it. It has all the flaws of every other BJ movie but with a lower budget. When will somebody get it right?

-Sonny-

Sonny

FLASH1296 said:
I do not believe that this was ever finished / distributed.
Apparently it was distributed several years ago, probably straight to video/DVD. The distribution company also bought a movie called El Cortez which takes place in Reno for some reason. Anyone else ever heard of these movies?

HIT ME
06/07 - Distribution in Poland secured.
12/06 - Distribution in Argentina, Czech & Slovak Republics, and Romania secured.
06/06 - Distribution in Middle East & USSR secured.
12/05 - Distribution in Brazil, Canada, Greece and Israel secured.
09/05 - "Hit Me" finds US distribution.
09/05 - Distribution in Indonesia & Turkey secured.
06/05 - Distribution in South Africa secured.

-Sonny-

Sonny

21forme said:
You work in the industry, don't you?
Your turn... :grin:
I don't think anybody wants to see my version. A mind-numbingly accurate portrayal with terrible acting and no budget? People would walk out regardless of how great the editing is. :)

-Sonny-

shadroch

I've seen El Cortez. Its not a bad movie. Lou Diamond Phillips does a surprisingly good job as the night clerk.
For reasons that I can't determine, this 2005 movie(Hit Me) is set to see wide screen distribution.

johndoe

Just watched "Hit Me"

It's about as terrible as I imagined it would be.

That being said, I liked it more than 21.

Rather than glorifying the glib MIT clan and presenting nonsensical card counting, it was a dark, gritty movie with murder and backstabbing as the back story theme. The players also primarily sequenced, rather than counted, FWIW. There were several scenes that 21 clearly imitated.

The beginning also had an amusing tribute to Office Space.

It's worth watching on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but that's about it.

Reindeer Games

shadroch said:
Its "21" on a budget, with lousy acting, lousy writing and set in the Lady Luck.
The trailer is on the internet.
I was invited to do a small part in this flick and I took them up on it. Sort of a guest walk on. Enjoyed it. :cool:

CP

shadroch said:
I've seen El Cortez. Its not a bad movie. Lou Diamond Phillips does a surprisingly good job as the night clerk.
For reasons that I can't determine, this 2005 movie(Hit Me) is set to see wide screen distribution.
I saw El Cortez - decent indie-B. zg