100% pe?

psyduck

I have a theoretical question: Is it possible to achieve 100% PE? If so, what would the card tag values be?

Any comment is appreciated.

assume_R

Not with tag values - but with a separate side count for each card value (10 side counts), you would know the exact distribution of remaining cards and could have 100% PE, as I understand it.

London Colin

I think you would need (rather impractically:)) separate tag sets for each of the strategy variations you wish to use. So for the I18 you would have to have 19 separate running counts in your head, one for betting plus 18 for strategy!

As I understand it, tags are derived from Effects of Removal. If your tags have the same ratio to one another as the EORs, then you have 100% efficiency/correlation. [Is there a technical distinction between those two terms? I've never understood why we talk of Playing Efficiency, but Betting Correlation.]

So for a single set of tags you can improve BC all the way up to 100%, but PE is always a compromise, the EORs for every strategy decision you have to make being different both to one another and to the betting EORs.

And then even 100% efficiency does not mean 100% correct decisions, since the use of EORs is itself an approximation.

Sonny

London Colin said:
So for a single set of tags you can improve BC all the way up to 100%, but PE is always a compromise, the EORs for every strategy decision you have to make being different both to one another and to the betting EORs.
That sums it up very nicely. :)

-Sonny-