FW shuffle

blackjacktilt

Anyone else see the mod to the shuffle? They take the remaining deck and a half or so and split it into 3. Then they insert it randomly into the discard rack.
I asked the dealer why he does this and he didn't know :laugh:
I'm sure it has to do with tracking.
Any input?

Southpaw

blackjacktilt said:
Anyone else see the mod to the shuffle? They take the remaining deck and a half or so and split it into 3. Then they insert it randomly into the discard rack.
Any input?
It does have to do with preventing tracking. A store I have been playing at also does this, although I heard they didn't in the past.

SP

moo321

blackjacktilt said:
Any input?
Yeah, it has to do with tracking. It stops anyone who only knows how to do cutoff tracking.

Sucker

There are a couple of other things besides tracking that the plug also helps to defend against, which is the reason that it's also done on an ASM.

zoomie

Sucker said:
There are a couple of other things besides tracking that the plug also helps to defend against, which is the reason that it's also done on an ASM.
Interesting. All ears. Can you explain here?

blackjacktilt

Automatic Monkey said:
Yeah they added a plug to the shuffle. No big loss, as the shuffle is not that trackable anyway, tracking the cutoff provides minuscule benefit.
Thanks Mr. Monkey. I cannot track a shuffle anyways so this shouldn't affect my play then.
Just was wondering how much more of an advantage this gives the house, but it sounds like very little.
Thanks again!!

moo321

blackjacktilt said:
Thanks Mr. Monkey. I cannot track a shuffle anyways so this shouldn't affect my play then.
Just was wondering how much more of an advantage this gives the house, but it sounds like very little.
Thanks again!!
It won't affect the house advantage. Only changes conditions for trackers.

HockeXpert

Sucker said:
Zoomie said:
Interesting. All ears. Can you explain here?
Well? We're waiting?

As Ted Knight said in Caddyshack. The suspense is killing me.:laugh:

peaegg

HockeXpert said:
Well? We're waiting?

As Ted Knight said in Caddyshack. The suspense is killing me.:laugh:
It will change the composition of any slugs that the plugs inserted to. It will make ace sequencing harder as well, although it is not very practical anyway for a multi-deck game.

Tracking is much harder than counting.

HockeXpert

peaegg said:
It will change the composition of any slugs that the plugs inserted to. It will make ace sequencing harder as well, although it is not very practical anyway for a multi-deck game.

Tracking is much harder than counting.
Plugging to thwart shuffle tracking was already mentioned and is commonly known. I doubt that it has any effect on ace sequencing. That's like saying you can't sequence a shuffle that includes a strip.