holecarding strategies

Sonny

Not on a public forum they won't. You can search through the old posts for a few tips, but don't expect any magic bullets.

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

squeeks said:
I was hoping someone could tell me some ways to see the holecard other than using a wheelchiar?
scout, scout and more scout.
look for a dealer thats sloppy. it takes a lot of lookin.
and expect it to be very subtle or hard to see.

Sonny

There's some info in Mason Malmuth's "Blackjack Essay’s" and Uston's "Million Dollar Blackjack". There are also some tips for scouting dealers buried in the forums here. The rest you will have to learn on your own.

-Sonny-

Sonny

sagefr0g said:
by the way. what do you think that card was?
i'm guessing a 9.
It looks like a club to me because of the shape of the pip, but the photo is pretty blurry. I would guess it is either a 4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10. All of those cards have a pip in the upper right corner. Unfortunately the number in the upper left is hidden behind her finger. She is only flashing the top pip, which doesn't give the player much information. Hopefully the player knew that and wasn't confusing the pip for a number. He would think almost every card is a nine. :(

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Sonny said:
It looks like a club to me because of the shape of the pip, but the photo is pretty blurry. I would guess it is either a 4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10. All of those cards have a pip in the upper right corner. Unfortunately the number in the upper left is hidden behind her finger. She is only flashing the top pip, which doesn't give the player much information. Hopefully the player knew that and wasn't confusing the pip for a number. He would think almost every card is a nine. :(

-Sonny-
yep it's a blurr alright. but i'd guess a nine. when i look at picture number one it appears as if the card number and part of the pip is exposed. :confused:
talkin right at the web between her index finger and thumb but more in the space where her index finger knuckle is slightly bent. it appears she's holding the cards face down to the palm of her left hand but kind of angling her arm to much so as the face of the bottom card is partially exposed. showing the upper left hand corner of the face of the card.
also the color of the number and the pip appear slightly redish? :confused: maybe a diamond or a heart? :confused: :rolleyes:
so but maybe a Qh or 9h or like you say just about anything lol. :cat:
but anyway it's just a bottom card of the pack lol not a hole card.

Attachments

Sonny

sagefr0g said:
talkin right at the web between her index finger and thumb but more in the space where her index finger knuckle is slightly bent.
Right, but that's just a pip. The number is printed on the opposite corner, the one hidden under her fingertip. See below:

In the illustration above, she would be exposing the top right corner. Not much inforamtion there.

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Sonny said:
Right, but that's just a pip. The number is printed on the opposite corner, the one hidden under her fingertip. See below:

In the illustration above, she would be exposing the top right corner. Not much inforamtion there.

-Sonny-
lol i'm probably wrong Sonny. but when i put the pack in my left hand in the same manner she is holding those cards (face down to the palm) that vital information lol appears near the web of my thumb and index finger. :confused:

edit: ahhh but i think i get what your saying. that's (in my picture) not a very normal way for the dealer to hold cards and in the other three blog pictures she appears to be holding them in a more normal fashion to where if thats how she's holding them only the pips would show.

Attachments