Three part multiplayer question

I found a multiplayer game that let's me play for all 7 table spots against the dealer (computer). I get to see the first two cards for each of the 7 spots before playing each hand. My question: does the dealer's play depend on the combination of numbers that are on the table? If so, wouldn't it follow that my decisions should be influenced by the strength of the cards at the 7 spots against the strength of the dealer's card? Would this provide an advantage for me? (I am a beginner.)

21gunsalute

BlackjackNights said:
I found a multiplayer game that let's me play for all 7 table spots against the dealer (computer). I get to see the first two cards for each of the 7 spots before playing each hand. My question: does the dealer's play depend on the combination of numbers that are on the table? If so, wouldn't it follow that my decisions should be influenced by the strength of the cards at the 7 spots against the strength of the dealer's card? Would this provide an advantage for me? (I am a beginner.)
No. Learn the game of Blackjack before you attempt to play! The dealer has to hit until she reaches 17. In many games the dealer must hit soft 17 (A,6). And playing 7 spots when you're at a disadvantrage is a terrible idea! Use the resources found on this site to learn how to play Blackjack and don't bet any money until you at least have Basic Strategy completely memorized. Even at that you'll be at a slight disadvantage until you learn some advanced techniques, such as card counting.

Thank you for the reply. So the dealer's play is entirely independent of what cards are already on the table? In other words, the dealer's play simply follows a set of rules? I heard: "The dealer has an advantage because she can see what the other cards are before she begins play." This seems untrue (or at least misleading) if her play is independent of the other cards. Which is true?

Thank you, Shadroch. So the advantage of going last is enough to give the house an overall advantage, aside from the player using "advanced" tactics, such as card-counting?

And the dealer always holds with 18, 19, or 20, even if it is a loss?

MangoJ

BlackjackNights said:
Thank you for the reply. So the dealer's play is entirely independent of what cards are already on the table? In other words, the dealer's play simply follows a set of rules? I heard: "The dealer has an advantage because she can see what the other cards are before she begins play." This seems untrue (or at least misleading) if her play is independent of the other cards. Which is true?
You are right. The dealer doesn't have choices in his play. He will draw to 16 and stand on 17 or above no matter what happens on the board.
The fact that the dealer sees the player cards doesn't give him an advantage - because he plays every round the same way.

Again, the advantage the dealer has is: If you and the dealer busts, the dealer wins your bet. He has an advantage in the order of busts.

Much like poker - if everybody folds their hands, the last player wins the pot (even if he had planned to fold for any reason).