SP21 Level 2+ Count?

Hiya folks,

Does anyone here work with a level 2 or higher count for SP21? I've combed through this and other forums and only found two: 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 -1 -2 (an adjusted Hi-Lo) and 1 1 2 2 1 0 0 0 -1 -2 (KatCount).

I ran some sims which seemed to show that the adjusted Hi-Lo worked best with optimized betting and no indices. But, it performed poorly with CVData-generated indices. Although, I think I must be doing something wrong in index generation... I also tried manually creating sample indices for the adjusted Hi-Lo just by adding 4 to all of the normal Hi-Lo indices, and this performed better than the ones I had generated. (Although both performed inferior to Walker's standard Hi-Lo w/ indices.)

KatCount performed poorly in all the sims I ran. I assumed that it had to be offset with an IRC of -8 * n (number of decks) since it seems to be unbalanced by +8/deck. Right?

I could just be biasing the sims with errors of my own, though. It doesn't seem possible to generate optimal betting ramps for SP21 in CVCX since it doesn't support modified decks etc., so I run a sim for any particular count using flat-betting, and then multiply the advantage for each +EV count by my BR and a Kelly constant of .5, and then bet that much at that TC (up to a reasonable spread). Please let me know I'm doing something wrong there.

Anyways, the original question remains... any success with level 2+ counts in SP21?

You need to be careful with your index generation. You'll need CVData 5.0 to really do it right. You will also need to use the comp-dependent generator, because the play for 7,6 vs 5 is very different than that for 10,3 vs. 5.

Using the first count you mention and adding 4 to all of Kat's indices will work just fine too. Exactitude of indices isn't very important.