The-people-living-in-drains-below-Las-Vegas

blackchipjim

drain openings

I thought that I saw an opening behind Harrah's and Imperial palace when I was in town. I didn't think to where it went but during a storm the thing was a raging river.

Pelerus

"Despite the risks from disease, highly venomous spiders and flooding washing them away, many of the tunnel people have put together elaborate camps with furniture, ornaments and shelves filled with belongings."

That killed it for me. :eek:

Katweezel

Pelerus said:
"Despite the risks from disease, highly venomous spiders and flooding washing them away, many of the tunnel people have put together elaborate camps with furniture, ornaments and shelves filled with belongings."

That killed it for me. :eek:
Pitcritters can be highly venomous; but all highly venomous critters can be managed. Some people like to live dangerously... I guess. :)

darco77

blackchipjim said:
I thought that I saw an opening behind Harrah's and Imperial palace when I was in town. I didn't think to where it went but during a storm the thing was a raging river.
Oh yeah. The channel right behind the IP Monorail station, across Audrie St. It looks completely innocuous 300+ days a year. Not bad odds, assuming you're not sleeping in there on the other 65- days. :rolleyes:

One of those 65- days was caught on camera by Vegas Rex. Watch the video. Scary as all hell: (Dead link: http://www.vegasrex.com/2007/08/01/the-imperial-palace-is-flooded/)

shadroch

The old Summer Bay Resort right behind Harrahs would flood several times a year. It's one of the reasons they moved a block east and razed the old property.

living in a drain

This is pretty ridiculous.
Living in a drain exposes you to a lot of health risks - damp, foul smells, hygiene problems, wildlife. Surely there is a better option than living in a drain!
Presumably local officials are going to do something about this?
Regards
London Drain Cleaning

citydrains said:
This is pretty ridiculous.
Living in a drain exposes you to a lot of health risks - damp, foul smells, hygiene problems, wildlife. Surely there is a better option than living in a drain!
Presumably local officials are going to do something about this?
Regards
London Drain Cleaning
Nice try. z:laugh:g