Three high count DDs to talk about

Dopple

I just picked three double downs that occur at a UAPC count of +11 and just thought I might get some feedback on which move you would use more often and which would draw the most heat.

These are 9 v 8; A8 v 2, and A9 v 3.

I suppose the A9 v 3 would draw the most heat.

In your system would you concur that the above DD plays occur at the same TC? That is another reason for this post.

I am back in the black and jones-ing for the tables. This will get me by.

Sucker

I see ploppies doubling on 9 vs. 8 once in a while. Less frequently, I see them double on A-8 vs. a dealer's deuce. I can't remember if I've ever seen anyone other than a professional double on A-9. Until the count gets up to something like +20, or unless you also know the dealer's hole card, the gain from these plays is really not THAT much. I personally would probably make the first two plays, but would recommend against the A-9 double.

And yes, the index plays are about the same for all 3 plays, according to the Revere APC, which is the one I use.

Dopple said:
I just picked three double downs that occur at a UAPC count of +11 and just thought I might get some feedback on which move you would use more often and which would draw the most heat.

These are 9 v 8; A8 v 2, and A9 v 3.

I suppose the A9 v 3 would draw the most heat.

In your system would you concur that the above DD plays occur at the same TC? That is another reason for this post.

I am back in the black and jones-ing for the tables. This will get me by.
Not by any means worth it. There are better ways to make yourself look like a ploppy than high-variance doubles.

21forme

If you were playing where I think you were playing (feel free to PM me), you'll fit right in making those plays. Don't worry about heat from index deviations.