is counting legal in Canada ?

FUHGEDABOUDIT said:
If you've received a DUI in America the Canadian authorities consider you a convicted felon-who needs the place?
i got a dui, and my dui class told me that i can never go to canada, even if its just for a few days.. i find it hard to believe i am banned from a country just because i got a dui, and btw, a dui is not a felony, at least not in illinois (edit: ah i misread, canada looks at you as a felon, your not saying it is a felony).. to get a laugh out of everybody, i asked "what about mexico? can i still go there?"

Kaiser

If you get a DUI in Canada you can't go to the US either.

I guess each country has enough trouble with it's own drunks.

:)

Kaiser

Brock Windsor said:
Since almost all cases in Canada are tried as summary offences, getting convicted of impaired driving in Canada will not keep you from getting into the US. You can get a pardon or permission to enter easily enough, but if all you want to do is head North for blackjack head for Vegas instead.
I don't think that's true. I have a relative that got a DUI and can't enter the US. He was turned around at the border last year trying to drive down to Montana with his family.

A coworker of my mom's just got charged with DUI and it trying her damnest to have the court date pushed back a few months so that she can attend a family event in the US before she is convicted. Her lawyer told her that with a conviction she won't be able to enter the US for 7 years.

I have been playing in hull for about a year (lac-lemay) The dealers and pit bosses do not even believe that card counting is possible. So why bother trying to catch some. They really do not pay attention. I really think this is a card counters dream, with pretty good high limits.

SystemsTrader

haxxilla said:
I have been playing in hull for about a year (lac-lemay) The dealers and pit bosses do not even believe that card counting is possible. So why bother trying to catch some. They really do not pay attention. I really think this is a card counters dream, with pretty good high limits.
I guess it is if you consider 8 deck H17 and 70% pen a card counters dream. There might be a good reason why the staff believe it's not possible!