Software Development

London Colin

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I thought it worth raising ...

Would it be worthwhile to create a separate sub-forum for discussing software development issues?

I'm conscious that it's a minority sport and maybe people would rather it be segregated from the more general discussions that go on in 'Theory and Math'.

You could perhaps argue that discussions of algorithms etc. fit the existing forum description well enough, while the digressions into programming languages and computer architectures do not. But then it's hard to stop the one leading on to the other.

Personally, I'm happy enough with things the way they are, but I can see that it might be irritating for non-programmers to see more and more such discussions appearing.

Canceler

Can't see how it would hurt, but...

London Colin said:
Would it be worthwhile to create a separate sub-forum for discussing software development issues?
I know some of you have had some heavy discussions about CA recently, but I wonder if that is sustainable. Sometimes we have a flurry of posts about poker, and I start thinking we could use a poker sub-forum in Other Games. The next thing that happens is we go for months without a poker post.