Abbreviations

aslan

Mr. Ed said:
Is there a dictionary for abbreviations?

What does RoR mean?
In gaming, risk of ruin. Don't confuse it with the accounting term, ROR, rate of return.

RoR = Risk of Ruin

ROR = Rate of Return

I've always assumed the lower case "o" was used to make this distinction.

There are also these: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ROR None of which I ever use other than the above.

aslan

When it comes to definitions, a horse is a horse, of course, of course, unless....

Sorry, I could not resist that. :eek::whip:

Friendo

Abbreviations are done to save space and typing.

But, once you learn the abbreviations, it's acceptable to just say a word or two of the abbreviation after it.

So you can say "AP", but "AP play" makes you sound more important, and garners respect. Similarly, an practitioner of advantage play should be called an "AP player" - this makes sentences longer, makes the speaker feel better about himself, and generally increases health, vitality, and sexual potency in the mind of the person doing it.

Don't hesitate to practice this elsewhere: always say "NFL football league", "ATM machine", "PIN number", and "HIV virus".

aslan

Friendo said:
Abbreviations are done to save space and typing.

But, once you learn the abbreviations, it's acceptable to just say a word or two of the abbreviation after it.

So you can say "AP", but "AP play" makes you sound more important, and garners respect. Similarly, an practitioner of advantage play should be called an "AP player" - this makes sentences longer, makes the speaker feel better about himself, and generally increases health, vitality, and sexual potency in the mind of the person doing it.

Don't hesitate to practice this elsewhere: always say "NFL football league", "ATM machine", "PIN number", and "HIV virus".
I like the way you think! :toast: :laugh:

aslan

paddywhack said:
unless you mean: a horse is a hoarse, of course, of coarse.......
A whore's a whore's a whore,
Drinking glass after glass of Coors, of course,
Cuz when she's stinko, it makes me thinko,
by any name, smells the same. :rolleyes: